Careers at Seaward
If you're looking for a career in Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Sales and more then look no further...
We’re proud of our heritage, our experience and established track record. For over three decades, we’ve established and sustained a position as a global market leader in portable appliance testing and are active in many other technical areas.
We’re a truly international brand with an established global distribution network, from the UK and Europe to the United States, Asia, India, China, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. As a company we are transitioning from individual brands to a single unifying ‘One Seaward’ approach.
Internally we strive to be an agile company that is able to respond to changing demands quickly. We focus on learning at all levels so that, as an organisation we can reconfigure and adjust quickly to meet the needs of the business environment.
We’ve 160 colleagues in our team and are always looking out for great people to come and join us. There are lots of reasons why you should consider a career at Seaward:
- We are investing in the future, with a £500,000 project to improve manufacturing capability to help drive our future growth.
- We’ve a flatter structure which creates opportunities for you to take on additional responsibility sooner and contribute to decision making for your team.
- To support your personal growth we’ll give you work that is varied and challenging.
- As well as understanding your role you will gain a wider understanding of how business works.
If you can work with minimal supervision, with a flexible and pragmatic approach then you are you will have great opportunities for a more varied workload and to broaden your skill set.
We are always on the lookout for capable people. If you want to be part of our team but the current vacancies are not suitable then send us your cv and a covering letter by email to email@example.com.
Life as part of Team Seaward
Take a look at some of our team's reviews and testimonials to see why they love being part of Team Seaward.
THIS IS WHAT DEVELOPMENT LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
“When I first joined Seaward over 30 years ago, I didn’t really know what my long term goals were. However, I soon realised that I enjoyed the challenges and achievements of working in each area of finance. Today, with a team of five, I feel extremely lucky to have been given so many opportunities by Seaward.”
I joined Seaward from a training scheme in 1987 as a Junior Administrator, which led me to work as a Bought Ledger Clerk and then Credit Control. Seaward then put me through my Business Administration NVQ Level 3 and AAT – a three year accountancy degree course.
I worked as Accountant for Clare Instruments, a Seaward-owned company, before I became Group Accountant, preparing monthly management accounts and balance sheets.
As Mark Marsh (Seaward’s Finance Director) takes on new challenge, 2019 and beyond will bring more exciting opportunities. I would like to thank Mark Marsh for his mentoring over the last 13 years; I truly appreciate and value everything I have learned from him and wish him every success in his new role.
THIS IS WHAT JOB SATISFACTION LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
“Seaward puts a huge focus on empowering
everyone to put forward ideas and take
responsibility for their decisions
– all with fantastic support from
I joined Seaward as a Marketing Assistant in
2012 soon after graduating from Northumbria
University with a degree in Communications
and PR. Through the company I completed
an additional CIM qualification and after
five years I have progressed to my current
role as Marketing Communications Manager.
I work in a team of five and work closely
with our MD, Andrew Upton, to develop
and manage global and integrated
marketing campaigns. I love being part of
such a young and dynamic team and being
given the freedom to come up with fresh
and exciting ideas.
I feel extremely valued as an employee. I
recently relocated to another part of the
country and Seaward has given me the
flexibility to work remotely. I feel incredibly
lucky to have been given so many
opportunities by Seaward and it’s easy
to say I love my job!
THIS IS WHAT INNOVATION LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
"Seaward initially wanted a full-time employee, but after meeting me and learning about the independent projects I’ve been doing on top of my university work, they offered me the role - and agreed to support me throughout my degree."
Now I go into work have a catch up with the team and know what’s in store for the rest of the day – the fact I’m trusted to do that is great.
I wanted to be independent and support myself through university so being able to do that and gain valuable experience to give me an advantage over my peers is brilliant.
It’s awesome getting real experience of working on professional software, and supporting the theory I learn at university. I’m really enjoying working with electronics and real time inputs.
The future of computer science and electronics – augmented reality and artificial intelligence – is really interesting to me.
I’m encouraged to learn and develop new skills to make my own software. That’s what makes the job exciting.
THIS IS WHAT A BRIGHT FUTURE LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
QUALITY AND PROCESS ENGINEERING APPRENTICE
“I’ve always been interested in a career in
engineering and when I visited Seaward
and heard about the plans the team has
for the future of the business I was really
I love that no two days are the same. One day I
could be helping set up a production line for a
new product and the next day I could be
carrying out specialist checks or working
on standard operating procedures.
I’ve had lots of support and
encouragement along the way and I’m
constantly given opportunities to work
on different things and build my skills.
My confidence is growing all the time
and I’m really excited to see where
my career at Seaward takes me as
If you want to be part of our team please send your cv and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Careers and Opportunities
Job Title: Field Sales Engineer – C&P (Compliance & Precision)
Salary: Competitive + bonus, car, pension scheme.
Department: UK Sales
Reports Direct: Commercial Manager Sales
- Aid in the delivery of the company financial plan by achieving regular sales targets whilst maintaining company profitability levels.
- Find new customers who might benefit from company products or services and maximise existing key customer potential.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with Customers.
- Follow up on incoming enquiries; liaise with customers and potential new clients to understand their needs and requirements in order to offer a solution using our product range.
- Negotiate pricing, calculate quotations, and administer customer accounts.
- Deliver commercial and technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs, using digital communication and onsite visits.
- Influencing the market through a close and detailed involvement with customers and influential members of the industry.
- Delivering excellent Customer Service through Sales and Technical Support.
- To provide pre-sale technical assistance and product education to customers and offer after-sales support and provide technical back up where needed.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other events where required.
- Provide customers with product training and installation of equipment, where required.
- Feed information into the category managers where potential NPD opportunities may exist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A proven successful background in Technical Sales environment is essential.
- A background within the electrical / electronic manufacturing sector is desirable.
- Must have the ability to build successful relationships quickly and effectively.
- Sound judgement and good business sense.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to complete your work unsupervised are key to being successful.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Great attention to detail.
- Must possess good organisational skills, ensuring that workload priorities are completed within required timescales.
- Excellent application knowledge for all products within the brand. (Training to be provided).
- Team Player, working with internal and external staff and partners at all levels.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A full driving licence is essential for travelling to customer premises.
- Produce regular updates on Market opportunities, install base and competitor info.
- Direct liaison with Category Manager and internal team to provide technical and product support.
- Key Geographical and key product sales targets.
- Customer support/ response time targets.
- Contribution to team based targets as appropriate.
- “Customer Experience” metrics (TBA).
Click here to download a PDF version of this job description
If you think you've got what it takes to excel in this role, then please email a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
. Before submitting your CV please read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to top