Careers at Seaward
If you're looking for a career in Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Sales and more then look no further...
We’re proud of our heritage, our experience and established track record. For over three decades, we’ve established and sustained a position as a global market leader in portable appliance testing and are active in many other technical areas.
We’re a truly international brand with an established global distribution network, from the UK and Europe to the United States, Asia, India, China, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. As a company we are transitioning from individual brands to a single unifying ‘One Seaward’ approach.
Internally we strive to be an agile company that is able to respond to changing demands quickly. We focus on learning at all levels so that, as an organisation we can reconfigure and adjust quickly to meet the needs of the business environment.
We’ve 160 colleagues in our team and are always looking out for great people to come and join us. There are lots of reasons why you should consider a career at Seaward:
- We are investing in the future, with a £500,000 project to improve manufacturing capability to help drive our future growth.
- We’ve a flatter structure which creates opportunities for you to take on additional responsibility sooner and contribute to decision making for your team.
- To support your personal growth we’ll give you work that is varied and challenging.
- As well as understanding your role you will gain a wider understanding of how business works.
If you can work with minimal supervision, with a flexible and pragmatic approach then you are you will have great opportunities for a more varied workload and to broaden your skill set.
We are always on the lookout for capable people. If you want to be part of our team but the current vacancies are not suitable then send us your cv and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life as part of Team Seaward
Take a look at some of our team's reviews and testimonials to see why they love being part of Team Seaward.
THIS IS WHAT DEVELOPMENT LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
“When I first joined Seaward over 30 years ago, I didn’t really know what my long term goals were. However, I soon realised that I enjoyed the challenges and achievements of working in each area of finance. Today, with a team of five, I feel extremely lucky to have been given so many opportunities by Seaward.”
I joined Seaward from a training scheme in 1987 as a Junior Administrator, which led me to work as a Bought Ledger Clerk and then Credit Control. Seaward then put me through my Business Administration NVQ Level 3 and AAT – a three year accountancy degree course.
I worked as Accountant for Clare Instruments, a Seaward-owned company, before I became Group Accountant, preparing monthly management accounts and balance sheets.
As Mark Marsh (Seaward’s Finance Director) takes on new challenge, 2019 and beyond will bring more exciting opportunities. I would like to thank Mark Marsh for his mentoring over the last 13 years; I truly appreciate and value everything I have learned from him and wish him every success in his new role.
THIS IS WHAT JOB SATISFACTION LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
“Seaward puts a huge focus on empowering
everyone to put forward ideas and take
responsibility for their decisions
– all with fantastic support from
I joined Seaward as a Marketing Assistant in
2012 soon after graduating from Northumbria
University with a degree in Communications
and PR. Through the company I completed
an additional CIM qualification and after
five years I have progressed to my current
role as Marketing Communications Manager.
I work in a team of five and work closely
with our MD, Andrew Upton, to develop
and manage global and integrated
marketing campaigns. I love being part of
such a young and dynamic team and being
given the freedom to come up with fresh
and exciting ideas.
I feel extremely valued as an employee. I
recently relocated to another part of the
country and Seaward has given me the
flexibility to work remotely. I feel incredibly
lucky to have been given so many
opportunities by Seaward and it’s easy
to say I love my job!
THIS IS WHAT INNOVATION LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
"Seaward initially wanted a full-time employee, but after meeting me and learning about the independent projects I’ve been doing on top of my university work, they offered me the role - and agreed to support me throughout my degree."
Now I go into work have a catch up with the team and know what’s in store for the rest of the day – the fact I’m trusted to do that is great.
I wanted to be independent and support myself through university so being able to do that and gain valuable experience to give me an advantage over my peers is brilliant.
It’s awesome getting real experience of working on professional software, and supporting the theory I learn at university. I’m really enjoying working with electronics and real time inputs.
The future of computer science and electronics – augmented reality and artificial intelligence – is really interesting to me.
I’m encouraged to learn and develop new skills to make my own software. That’s what makes the job exciting.
THIS IS WHAT A BRIGHT FUTURE LOOKS LIKE...
ONE COMPANY. ONE VISION.
QUALITY AND PROCESS ENGINEERING APPRENTICE
“I’ve always been interested in a career in
engineering and when I visited Seaward
and heard about the plans the team has
for the future of the business I was really
I love that no two days are the same. One day I
could be helping set up a production line for a
new product and the next day I could be
carrying out specialist checks or working
on standard operating procedures.
I’ve had lots of support and
encouragement along the way and I’m
constantly given opportunities to work
on different things and build my skills.
My confidence is growing all the time
and I’m really excited to see where
my career at Seaward takes me as
If you want to be part of our team please send your cv and a covering letter by email to email@example.com.
Current Careers and Opportunities
Job Title: Application Engineer
Department: Applications Team - Rigel Medical
Reports Direct: Category Manager
- Support the management of products during the life cycle in conjunction with the category manager.
- Be the internal authority of specific product portfolios and their application.
- Deliver a strong customer experience by providing product support, and understanding the requirements for the product and customer’s expectations.
- Provide a high level of product portfolio support
- Product maintenance: Ensure published product portfolios’ data is current and accurate and ensure the products’ functionality meets their intended purpose of use
- Product improvement and life cycle product management
- Produce marketing, sales and support materials
- Distributor support
- Attend exhibitions, workshops, seminars, and trade shows – build a strong relationship with the end user, delivering technical support, and conducting technical presentations
- Provide online and face to face product training, product application, guidance and product support internally and externally to customers
- Execute tier 2 product support to enhance “The Customer Experience”
- Liaise across all departments within the company to deliver a valid and relevant solution - ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved in a timely manner
- Provide analytical data for the product management, engineering and project teams
- Travelling internationally, typically 4-6 international visits per year, supporting our global distributors
- Customer/distributor satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A HND or Degree or above in Physics, or Electronic or Biomedical Engineering, or related engineering disciplines
- Previous life cycle product management experience desirable
- A background in biomedical or clinical engineering, or a good technical knowledge of medical devices desirable
- Customer centric approach values
- A test and measurement background is desirable but is not necessary
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Confident with delivering presentations
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Customer facing communication attributes – soft skills at all levels of the business, internally and externally
- Very good IT skill, and MS office knowledge
Click here to download a PDF version of this job description
If you think you've got what it takes to excel in this role, then please email a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Before submitting your CV please read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to top