Careers and job opportunities
Share:

Faulty tumble dryer causes domestic fire
28th January 2016

A couple who lost everything when a faulty tumble dryer sparked a blaze in their home, are backing a new electrical safety campaign.

Part of the residential property in Kingsbury, Warwickshire had to be rebuilt after the fire caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer caused a serious fire.

At the time of the fire, the family was unaware her tumble dryer had been recalled, as the machine seemed to function normally, leaving them no cause for concern.

While the financial and emotional stress has been immense for the family, they know that the situation could have been much, much worse if the tumble dryer had been switched on before and left unattended.

They are now supporting Electrical Safety First's campaign to encourage everyone to do everything they can to look after themselves and their families, including registering any electrical product and keeping an eye out for recall notices. Story here

Apollo 400 PAT tester

<< back to all Seaward news
Share:
 
Stay up to date with the latest news from Seaward
 
When joining, you agree to Seaward contacting you via email about industry news, useful guides, webinars and workshops, and Seaward products which we feel will be of interest to you. Please refer to our privacy policy for more information on how we use your details.