Retesting Appliance ID's

PATGuard 3 Forum

Re: Retesting Appliance ID's

Postby LeeTurtle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi Paul

Personally, I would keep the original asset number.
The history of your tests will reflect to each specific item, IF ever those results need to be viewed over, say, the last 3 years for signs of degradation in any one appliance, it helps keeping that paper trail to the original test.
You don't want to be looking for asset 10 (1st year) asset 153 (2nd year) and asset 755 (3rd year) for example.
I have the PT350 and use the automatic increments but these are specific to each customer.
e.g the customer name is say Gala Bingo. My asset increments start GB and then the appliance number GB10, GB11, GB12 etc I find this keeps it tidy and easy traceability.
Also with your Europa plus are you able to download your previous tests for that site as this will help in those retests?

Hope my ramblings are ok!! :D
LeeTurtle

Postby Scotty Dog » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 am

Every appliance should be given an I.D. number by the person looking after /purchasing the equipment and that number should be used for the life of the appliance. I have seen different contractors testing and each one gives the appliance a new number,some appliances have 4 numbers so there in no way you can check the history of the appliance.The system i used item purchased,make model and serial numbers item given an I.D.number then all info logged, this was also useful when tools were stolen as all the info was on record.
Scotty Dog

Postby LeeTurtle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi scotty dog

I agree with you that the business should issue an asset I.D with each piece of equipment. I find it very rare that they ask this though, I too make note of the make, model & serial no and give a unique I.D.
All to often when I've entered a business, the last tester used those cheap paper stickers and unable to read anything.
As long as theres a good paper trail you can't go wrong
LeeTurtle

Return to Portable Appliance Testing