uploading

PATGuard 3 Forum

uploading

Postby electronicsparks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi,
When I upload an assest from my previously tested item, it does not show on the PAT tester for me to view its previous results, what have I done wrong?

Regards
electronicsparks

Re: uploading

Postby LeeTurtle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi

If it's anything like my PT350, once you've uploaded your assets to the tester, when you come to retest, type in (or scan the barcode if you have one) the asset number you originally gave it and press enter or the down cursor and it should show a new option of "re-test" hit that button and it may show you the asset details and another option to "re-test" hit that button and Bobs your uncle!

Hope that helps
:D
LeeTurtle

Postby electronicsparks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Lee T
Ok, read that thanks, but it does not work like that on mine, sorry.
I should have said I have a Supernova plus, and when I put the previously tested items assest number into the tester (like you said) and press enter, it highlights the 'default code' and when open that up it is nothing like what I tested the item on last time, if you get what I mean. e.g I know I will have tested a kettle at 25A current, but when I put the asset number in and look at the past readings, it shows - 'tested at 100mA' or skip. Now I know mistakes are made, but I definatley did nit do it at 100mA and in the software on my computer its says I tested it at 25Amp.
Regards
electronicsparks

Postby LeeTurtle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi electronicsparks

Sorry, I'll have to pass on that one then.
Good luck
:D
LeeTurtle

Postby Manxie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Electronicsparks,

I use a Supernova Plus in conjunction with Patguard installed on my laptop. When re-testing I first check if any new assets have been acquired in that location and if so add them to the Patguard program, including all asset details along with the appropriate test codes & test periods.

I next clear the upload memory (previous tests) on the Supernova itself, then I upload from Patguard the desired location & all the assets now to be tested. The Supernova now has all the required up to date information to enable all tests to take place in that location. I use the Test n Tag printer to produce the label at end of test and usually find the label is robust enough to still be readable at next test although sometimes to be sure I will affix two labels in different positions.

At the end of testing all assets in that location I download the results back to the Patguard/laptop before leaving.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Manxie.
Manxie

Postby electronicsparks » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:49 am

Hi Manxie,
Thank you for that information, I will try that.
Regards Electronicsparks
electronicsparks

Return to Portable Appliance Testing