PAT Gaurd 3 activation code

Download 30 day free trial

PAT Gaurd 3 activation code

Postby Kev b » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Last week I tried 3 times to re- register pat guard 3 as I have in previous years.Each time I put my details in it came up with a message saying it didn't recognise my email address and password and that I should retry or contact seaward so after 3 failed attempts I phoned. The girl I spoke to said I could get a code and pay by card over the phone. Great I thought problem solved! Only to be told that they would post the activation code out to me and I would have to pay the carriage charge of £8.50! (Which for a code on a piece of paper posted in an envelope would have cost a 1st class stamp 35p!) I pointed out that the problems I was having was with their site and didn't think I should be paying extra for problem that was not my doing. She then said she would speak to someone and try to get the carriage charge dropped. She came back and said that they would email me the activation code at no charge. I feel aggrieved I spent £135 for another 12 months. They were trying to rip me off and that they were out get more money off a loyal customer! Has anyone come across the same problems.
Kev b

Re: PAT Gaurd 3 activation code

Postby Amy Lyons » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Kev b

Please accept my apologies that you do not feel that you have received a good service. I have spoken with our customer care team who have advised that you have been emailed the code and we have also sent the card out to you with FOC delivery.
We have checked our online selling portal and found that there are no issues with the purchase of licences. I also asked for your login details to be resent to you but we could not find them by searching on your name, company name or email. Could someone else's details have been used for the purchase previously?
I understand your frustration at the delivery charge. The reason behind this is that as we mostly sent out high value products we want to ensure that a traceable and reliable delivery method is used. We work with a courier to deliver this but unfortunately it can mean that some smaller products appear to have a higher delivery charge than if they were simply posted out using Royal Mail for example.

As a gesture of good will I have emailed you an extension to the PATGuard 3 licence you have purchased. If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to get in touch via phone or email.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Re: PAT Gaurd 3 activation code

Postby Kev b » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi Amy
Thank you for your fast response and understanding.
I've been trading as Highpeak PAT since 2008 with the email address highpeakpat@btinternet.com I started using pat Guard 3 in October 2013 on a months free trial and purchased 12 months in November 2013 using the details above every year until this year without any problems.

Kind regards
Kevin Buxton
Kev b

Return to PATGuard 3 Forum