Patguard 3 update problem

Download 30 day free trial

Patguard 3 update problem

Postby MEL » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:16 pm

When I enter PG3 and press the program update button, it comes up with the message, "Update available. Please restart in administrator mode."

I am logged in to my account which has the user settings, "View, add, edit, delete, setup."
I have also tried logging in with "Admin" user and no password.
How do I install the update?

Thanks.
MEL

Re: Patguard 3 update problem

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:11 am

Thank you for your enquiry.

Regarding updating / reinstalling PATGuard 3

1, Regarding updates for PATGuard 3, you can use the “Check for Updates” button in “Help” to see if an update is available, if so, this can be done by an Administrator.

2, If you are having problems with this you can also download a fresh copy of the software from the link below and install it over the top of the old – we recommend backing up your database before attempting this.

http://www.seaward.co.uk/products/portable-appliance-testing-equipment/pat-software/patguard-3-health-and-safety-pat-software

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Postby MEL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 am

I have the Elite version 3.2.2. Is this the latest version? I have got my Administrator to run the update, but nothing happens, even though it says there is an update waiting.

Thanks.
MEL

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Thank you for your enquiry

The latest / current version of PATGuard 3 is 3.3.1 – if the update in the software won’t work then you will need to try step 2:

If you are having problems with this you can also download a fresh copy of the software from the link below and install it over the top of the old – we recommend backing up your database before attempting this.

http://www.seaward.co.uk/products/portable-appliance-testing-equipment/pat-software/patguard-3-health-and-safety-pat-software

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Postby MEL » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm

We ended up having to re-install PG3 in order to get the update. Are there release notes to go with it to tell us what is new so that we can use any new features? I've tried looking online and in the help file in PG3 but not found anything. I've noticed that keyboard functions now work - a great improvement!

Thanks for the support.
MEL

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 am

Thank you for your enquiry

Regarding update information on the latest version of PATGuard (version 3.3.1) – please see the following:

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cf828f27879a9da8fcaa13efd&id=437b519a23&e=%5BUNIQID

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Postby Colin R » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:26 am

I have version 3.3.2 PATguard 3 Elite based on a mapped drive on a server. When logging in as Admin ( even right clicking "run as Administrator") the current update to 3.3.3. fails with a message to restart in administrator mode. The advice here to download a trial copy will not work as the trial copy is the same version as I already have...
How do I update the software so I can use the new features on the Apollo 600's?
Colin R

Postby Colin R » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:33 pm

For further information I was able to install the software with my current rights on the mapped drive and the local machine.
Colin R

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Colin R

Are you saying that you are now sorted with this?
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to PATGuard 3 Forum