Apollo 600/PTE Woes

PATGuard 3 Forum

Apollo 600/PTE Woes

Postby southseas » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 am

Did the upgrade on my PTE last firmware but one, followed the Application note and cloned my setup first, then did firmware upgrade and reloaded clone set up, during this tester seemed to "hang", gave an error message that I didn't really get time to see or record. When i restarted it , my user profile had disappeared- no problem, went in as Admin and recreated it.....Now I can't log into the wee beast as Admin, haven't changed any passwords or how they are configured, but where my User Pword was all lower case, I have to hold down the shift key and enter my password..............What gives with these things, any ideas how to do a factory reset and clear all, and start from a clean slate?
southseas

Re: Apollo 600/PTE Woes

Postby Amy Lyons » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi southseas

Without knowing what the error message was I can't really comment on what could have caused it.
I believe what may have happened with he password is that the CAPSLOCK may have accidently been on when you set the password. The CAPSLOCK is set by holding down the shift key and turned off by pressing it again.
You can reset to factory settings by going it on the main menu and selecting memory options. Select F4 for reset and then select everything you wish to reset. Restart the tester. I hope this helps.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby southseas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 am

Hi Amy

No, P/word is lower case, same for another PTE that the firmware upgrade was applied to (also has same admin p/word) which also now can't be accessed in admin mode. With both machines, user password which was set in lower case, will only work if CAPSLOCK is pressed while p/word is entered- this wasn't the case prior to the firmware upgrade.

Just did latest firmware upgrade (wipes memory card and reformats) OK, there were no errors this time round, user profile didn't disappear, but still can't get in as admin.
southseas

Postby southseas » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:19 am

Problem sorted, I think my tester some how got hung up half way through the upgrade process, Some of the clone setup got reloaded, but not all. I noticed before I shut down that my user profile had gone, and recreated it, but when loading the password for that profile, I must have had CAPSLOCK on. What I didn't notice was the Admin profile had also changed from our group one, to the generic factory one which has a different password,
southseas

Postby Amy Lyons » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Glad to hear you're sorted southseas!
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing