No Search for FAILS option on Apollo 600

PATGuard 3 Forum

No Search for FAILS option on Apollo 600

Postby miff » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

I have finally got used to using my new Apollo 600 and software but finding some features missing that were very helpful on the Primetest 300/350's. The main problem I am finding is the lack of the search feature on the Apollo when viewing tests on the unit. I normally record any fails I find on a failure report as I work but sometimes when stuck for time I leave this till the end to fill in and leave with the client. It is now NOT possible to view fails on the tester and the search options are very timely to use, the tests are put into barcode order and not first or last test so if you forget to put a comment on the results or make a mistake on description you end up taking 5mins to find that test to delete just so it can be recorded properly.
This is taking far to long and not being able to view fails is a MAJOR problem.
Is there any updates soon that may include this?
miff

Re: No Search for FAILS option on Apollo 600

Postby Amy Lyons » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi miff

What you are saying makes sense and so I will add it to the suggestions list to be reviewed for the next update. We do not have one planned at the moment so it is likely to be next year. I also can't promise what will be included but we will certainly bear your comments in mind. If you haven't done so already please ensure to register your tester on the Seaward website so that you are informed on any firmware updates as well as many other benefits. With regards to wanting to delete the last asset you tested you may find the 'All today's work' filter helpful. Alternatively you can correct spelling mistakes etc. in the preview window when downloading to PATGuard 3. I hope this helps.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby southseas » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:02 am

The search filters on the Apollo/Prime Test Elite could stand the inclusion of being able to search/download by Client, Site and Location too (same as SuperNova)- plenty of times I will want to know how many items I have tested in a specific location. For example, testing Residents items in a rest home, Mrs Jones in Room 30- 26 tests, Mrs Brown in Room 31- 32 tests.

Totally agree with Failed Item search too, plenty of times an ansy manager will demand to know how many fails have you found here? being able to run a search of the results on the spot generally knocks the wind out of their sails.
southseas

Postby Amy Lyons » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi southseas

You can filter by site or location. Not client as there is no client level in the PTE. From the Home screen go to the main menu, select view data and then press F2 to filter. You can then filter by date or site/location or all todays work. See attached picture.
Attachments
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG (33.38 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby southseas » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks Amy, didn't have enough tests completed to see the functionality of that- would still like to be able to view failed items at a give site though
southseas

Postby miff » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Has there been any updates on the fail search facility yet?
miff

Return to Portable Appliance Testing