Missing Locations With Data Upload To SuperNova From PG3

Download 30 day free trial

Missing Locations With Data Upload To SuperNova From PG3

Postby southseas » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:50 am

When uploading to the Supernova from PG3 the site and location details are not showing up in the Supernova. The tester is receiving this information and when you enter a tag number for a retest it displays the site and location correctly from the upload. However, if an item has moved and you need to select another location you won’t see it in the list as you would have with PG2.

What can be done to sort this out?
southseas

Re: Missing Locations With Data Upload To SuperNova From PG3

Postby Amy Lyons » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi southseas

I am not sure what you mean by this? The site and location fields will be populated according to the data uploaded. Any sites and locations that are new or do not already have assets associated with them will have to be entered manually.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby southseas » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:19 am

Amy Lyons wrote:Hi southseas

I am not sure what you mean by this? The site and location fields will be populated according to the data uploaded. Any sites and locations that are new or do not already have assets associated with them will have to be entered manually.

What's happening Amy is if an existing Asset is retested with the SuperNova, when it's barcode is scanned in, the previous location it was tested at is shown up, but if it has been moved, you can't scroll through the other locations they don't appear- it's as though, PG isn't uploading them to the SuperNova, just the Site Address, and the individual Assets and their details.

With PG 2, you uploaded Site, Then that site's Locations, and then the Assets associated with that Site- you don't get that choice with PG 3, and it isn't doing it automatically. Pretty messy if you have a Site with a lot of locations, and Assets that move around.
southseas

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Thank you for your enquiry.

Regarding the Sites and Locations – this information does transfer with the asset and you can upload these separately with PATGuard 2. The separate upload facility is not available yet with PATGuard 3. However, we have passed this onto to our Product Managers for consideration in the next release of PATGuard 3.

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Postby southseas » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:58 pm

this information does transfer with the asset

But not in a way that allows a different location to be selected if an item has been moved from one location to another, this seems like a major omission and strange that it hasn't been picked up sooner. Be great if a patch can be produced to correct it.
southseas

Postby southseas » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:49 am

Regarding the Sites and Locations – this information does transfer with the asset and you can upload these separately with PATGuard 2. The separate upload facility is not available yet with PATGuard 3. However, we have passed this onto to our Product Managers for consideration in the next release of PATGuard 3.

This becoming a real PITA, so much so that I've given up using PG3 and have gone back to PG2, not real happy that I've paid for two copies of software that lack the features that the previous version had. It's a bit like paying for a copy of Windows 7 and getting all the gee whizzo features of Win 2000 :cry:
southseas

Postby southseas » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Any word on when PG might get tweaked to correct the site/location upload issue?
southseas

Postby jundee » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:55 am

Also very interested in this option.. seems like it's been a long time coming?
any updates?
jundee

Postby southseas » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm still vitally interested too, have had to revert to my SuperNovas following the demise of my Apollo 600/PTE. Even if it hadn't clagged out, I would have had to stop using it because of tag fade issues for most applications.

So come on Seaward, you are still making and selling Supernovas, make PG3 work with them or you are doing your customers a major disservice
southseas

Return to PATGuard 3 Forum