Apollo 600 & barcode scanner

PATGuard 3 Forum

Apollo 600 & barcode scanner

Postby Ford Prefect » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Can someone help?
I'm going back to do retests, and using the barcode scanner to call up the asset. The front page on the Apollo 600 populates OK however once the test is done I was expecting the page where you can enter asset description, make, model and serial number would also be populated from the barcode scanned (llast year's record) All the records are still in the Apollo from a year ago so I can't see why this isn't happening. If the 600 can't do this at the moment would it be possible to add this as a future update? It would cut my work load a GREAT deal.

Cheers.
Ford Prefect

Re: Apollo 600 & barcode scanner

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Thank you for your enquiry

To get the retest to work correctly, you need to do it via PATGuard 3:

1, do the relevant testing and “download” the results from the Apollo to PATGuard 3.
2, once you are happy all the data is in PATGuard 3, delete the download memory of the Apollo.
3, before attempting a retest, “upload” the test data from PATGuard 3 back onto the Apollo.
4, you should now be able to go back to a previous appliance and, by scanning the barcode, the asset details will appear on the Apollo.

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Postby Ford Prefect » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for that information, we've only just got PAT Guard 3 (had the tester for over a year with 6000+ records stored in it!!)
Now I know that, my workload/time taken with retests should drop considerably.

Thanks again.
Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:48 pm

With regards to the uploaded data.
I've wiped the memory and 'tried' to upload to the tester, which failed, (awaiting Seawards reply on that one) for retesting.
Because of the retest/upload issue and time constraints, I've gone ahead and retested an asset without the original data in the tester,or so I thought.
Looking at the 600 something must have gone in there as it picked up on the Uploaded Asset ID but the retest sequence was I0100000Q111111111 (what ever that means!!) where it should have been the same as the first time round - B)Portable/Handheld/IT CLI 250 and proceeded to set itself up to do just a visual test.
Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers.
Ford Prefect

Postby Jen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53 pm

I have had the same problem when retesting an asset already on the tester but not in the database, I only the first page got filled.

I was wondering if there are there official instructions somewhere on how to upload a database from PG3 to the Apollo (600)? The manual says it isn't possible but the tester and PG3 have options to allow this. I did the following:

In PG3, with the apollo attached via usb cable
* ‘Data transfer’
* ‘upload to tester’,
* select the destination/unit drive as Apollo (as appropriate for your system) and select what you want to upload
* PG3 says it saved a file (.gar) to the Apollo.

From the home page on the Apollo (600)
* 'F4' then '7',
* ‘F3’ and then I selected 'no' to create new upload data (which removed existing uploaded data)

I can see data is there from the Memory list (F4,8) but can’t access it. When I tried retesting a random old asset, it did come back up with a string of numbers that correspond to the test on the last machine I used apart from one digit that was different (no idea why though). However, the new test settings are slightly different so I can’t use it. Retesting a more recent item worked fine though, pulling up both the test setting and the asset details correctly.

FordPrefect, what did you try when you were uploading? The string “I0100000Q111111111” is a shorthand for the settings to use (in your case, assuming the codes are the same as on a Europa plus, this string means a visual inspection only [the I] and the 0’s before the Q tell it to skip everything else).
Jen

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Jen,
I did basically the same as you except (I'm guessing now) as I'm uploading to a network PG3 I have to use
* 'File'
* 'Open File'
As the upload to tester route is greyed out.

As I said in my post I have contacted Seaward by email with a loooong winded step by step on how I did it what went wrong etc but that was before the I01000.... appeared. It's the first time I've seen that and I didn't have a clue what it meant. It makes sense that they are short hand for visual only because that's exactly the test that the 600 preformed, the thing that threw me was the original Asset ID numbers test was a Class 1 @ 250V!!
Ford Prefect

Postby Jen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 am

I have a standalone install of PG3 on my work computer, which I had the apollo attached to. No idea how to use it on a networked version, sorry.

Only reason I know about the test codes is because I got to reprogram my old EuropaPlus last summer because someone else had messed with it...
Jen

Postby Ford Prefect » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:33 pm

I've just been working in the area where PG3 has uploaded some of the records and all the records it's uploaded have that IO100... code no matter what the original test was! very strange. I await Seawards reply to my email and I'll let you know how it goes.
Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Well Seawards gave me some useful advice but couldn't help on the weird code matter, which some how hasn't happened again!!
I'm guessing or IT people (in another building somewhere!) are also learning how to use PG3 and doing "tweaks" to make it work properly on our servers, why they didn't do this before rolling it out to us users is anyone's guess?!
Ford Prefect

Return to Portable Appliance Testing