Apollo 500 not loading

PATGuard 3 Forum

Apollo 500 not loading

Postby shadowwebs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:08 am

We have got one of the Apollo 500 devices, when connecting to a PC or Laptop running Windows 7 the device can be seen by Windows as a device and I can browse to it, however, when selecting on the device to download data, the device then disconnects and cannot be seen.

I have tried to update the firmware as it's not running the latest, and even though the device can be seen at first, when going to apply the firmware through the device menu it comes up with the error 'failed to mount loop device. press f1 to return to the main screen."

Has anyone come across this before or can provide any advice on how to resolve as we need to get this kit working already but struggling.
shadowwebs

Re: Apollo 500 not loading

Postby MEL » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 am

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and had the same problem, until I was told how to do it. Yes it does drop the connection. To make it work, open the pc program, connect the Apollo 500 to the PC with usb lead. On the Apollo 500 go to the download function and send the data. Then on the pc program go to the 'download from tester' function and click ok to receive the data. Its strange that you have to do this in 2 stages, send the data and then receive, but then it sends the data and then can be stored on the program. I wish Seaward would give a more comprehensive set of instructions with the tester.

Hope this helps,

MEL
MEL

Postby shadowwebs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:18 pm

tried this, it comes up with 'please select a valid apollo directory' where you get source file, should this be pointing to the device, as it cannot see the device at all?
shadowwebs

Postby MEL » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:15 pm

The source file in my download window is E:\ApolloDownload\ApolloDownload.gar

You have to send the data from the Apollo before you can receive it on the PC. This activates the Apollo which makes the PC recognize it.
MEL

Postby shadowwebs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:48 pm

ok, I think I am going to ring Seaward for support as I get the feeling that the device is faulty as it won't connect. Thanks for your help though.
shadowwebs

Postby Amy Lyons » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi shadowwebs

Did you manage to get your issue sorted? Please try following the steps on our how to guide on the page below.

http://www.seaward.co.uk/userfiles/support-apollo-500.php

If you are still getting issues give our tech support a call on 0191 5878718.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing