Patguard3 Elite V3.2.1

PATGuard 3 Forum

Patguard3 Elite V3.2.1

Postby dcengineering » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Many thanks for some good improvements with the latest update.

One feature that I use a lot however, has now gone.

The right click on an item to manually add test results is no loger there. :shock:

I know you can Function / add manual test result, but this does not allow the date of the test to be recorded, just the date the data is entered into the software.

I record details of full rcd tests, calibration information and many other tests carried out on equipment, and the date these tests were carried out. It was so handy to have everything relating to a piece of equipment in one piece of software.

Also the right click on an item to print a test certificate is gone. Printing a single certificate now means a trip to reports to find the item and print a single certificate, which takes ages.

Is there any cahnce we could have these most useful features back?

dc engineering.
dcengineering

Re: Patguard3 Elite V3.2.1

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:59 am

Hi dcengineering

Thank you for your feedback.
We decided to move everything up to the ribbon bar at the top to keep everything in one place and to keep in line with other regularly used software products. However if this is making things more difficult I will certainly add this to our list of suggestions. As we have just released an update there is not likely to be another one for a few months but we will keep all registered users updated.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby dcengineering » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:04 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

There is no problem with launching the add manual test result from the ribbon, but I need to add the date of the additional tests. In the previous version it defaulted to the current date, but it was possible to change this. Now it is not. Also I could add a reference in the test number field, but this field is no longer available.

For my particular use of the software I would like to roll back to the previous version, but the database hase been changed if I remember correctly, so I guess this make it impossible to do.

I guess I will have to save the additional data in a spreadheet and then add it at a later date.

dc engineering.
dcengineering

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:29 am

Hi Amy,

Is there any chance you can list on the website somewhere what you have on your list for future enhancements whether they be what Seaward are wanting to do or what Patguaard users have requested and if you could also list known bugs? After a new release you could then list the version next to the enhancement or bug fix so we can see what has been done.

Cheers
Chris
Chris

Postby Amy Lyons » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 am

Hi Chris

This is not something that is common practice and so not something we would do. Please be aware that any reported bugs and update suggestions are logged appropriately at Seaward, reviewed by product management to be prioritised based on if/how they affect productivity and/or how many customers have requested this and then passed to engineering.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing