Seaward Quality Decline

PATGuard 3 Forum

Seaward Quality Decline

Postby remedy234 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 am

Has anyone else noticed the steady decline in product quality? Lord knows why they stopped making the europa plus. It seems like quality has taken a real dip what with the primetest series now discontinued after countless issues and the apollo has no end of issues.

Bring back the Europa Plus !! :roll:

Re: Seaward Quality Decline

Postby soltdog » Mon May 12, 2014 3:05 pm

I upgraded my supernova in Dec 2013 for the Apolo 600. I will be shortly going on to Apollo 600 number 4. The customer service has been excellent but the tester doesn't seem to be lasting too well.

I now have the problem where i can't go back my supernova as temp cover as it runs on Patguard 2.

Postby verstapp » Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 pm

I still use my Supernova when my Primetest is off for calibration.
It uploads ok on Patguard3, just needs the serial port manually set to port 1.

Postby remedy234 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Its all very well having good customer service but if the products are failing quickly as they seem to be then whats the point? Ive used seaward for years and years but am now definitely looking at others. The whole constant patguard upgrades are infuriating to say he least.

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

Hi Guys

Thank you all for your feedback, we do take this seriously as quality of our products and customer service is very important to us.

soltdog, as verstapp has advised the Supernova is compatible with PATGuard 3. Please see below link for instructions on how to download:

remedy234, can you please advise which tester and software version you are using? If you would like to discuss the issues you have experienced please let me know and I will send you my direct number.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby scot1983 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 am

Has anyone else noticed with Apollo 600 if you let the battery run completely flat and plug it in to charge it will not switch back on, you have to remove the battery and plug it back in and try to turn it on you have to keep doing this until it eventually turns on?

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 pm

New Firmware Update

We have released a firmware update for the Apollo 600 and 500 testers, this firmware version 2.10.0-2, includes an improved battery management performance fix and we strongly recommend that you update your Apollo tester as soon as possible.

To download the file, please see the following link:

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Postby remedy234 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Amy, im sorry but there's nothing really to discuss. In my opinion Seaward have gotten it all wrong over the last few years. The Apollo testers are both over complex and the Primetest range were a technical flop.

Im aware that technology has to move on but the quality has to match that too.

I still have several europa plus machines over ten years old that work just fine but i guess thats why the newer seaward products have a much shorter life expectancy........

Return to Portable Appliance Testing