Test n Tag Elite

PATGuard 3 Forum

Test n Tag Elite

Postby des » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi , I know that the Test n Tag elite printer is manufactured by Zebra Technologies (model RW220), therefore is it possible to redesign the Label to print half size ( 2"x1.5") rather than its current settings (2"x3") ? . The printer is capable of being loaded with continiously fed rolls or various sized labels.

cheers

Des
des

Re: Test n Tag Elite

Postby Amy Lyons » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Des
The labels we currently use are designed so that they can be used as a cable wrap and allow a space for a company to add their own logo. We can certainly look into different label sizes if we get enough demand. Out of curiosity what is your reason for requiring the smaller size label? Is it down to cost or application?
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby safe + sound » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 am

I would like a smaller label, half size or smaller would be good. This is based on cost and convenience when the appliance has limited space to attach to.
I also find the existing central perforation a weak point when used as a cable wrap, when returning to the appliance 12 or more months later some have separated and fallen off. I also have problems whith sunlight fading the text.
safe + sound

Postby StOuennais » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi,
I Would also be interested in smaller labels, mainly for reasons of size not cost.
The full size labels are not robust enough for contractors portable tools, a smaller label can be fixed to a cable tied label holder.
Mitch
StOuennais

Postby des » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Still waiting on news of the new labels?
des

Postby Duff1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm

I think these printers are excellent however the labels are rubbish! - We previously used the Test n Tag printers where it was the other way around. The elite labels simply don't work as cable wrap on their own although they frequently have to be used in this way due to there size. We resorted to using a clear polypropelene packing tape to make sure they stay in place. The adhesive is rather poor so the labels actually don't stick to themselves very well, especially in any kind of slightly damp environment. They do just open up and fall off. The perforations add another problem, if the label manages to stay stuck together, as they lie along the cable. Any man handling of the label can cause the perforation to split apart and again the label falls off.

The label material is quite strong until you get a little nick/cut of some kind, then it tears as easily as anything. The perforations create just that, so trying to tear the label in two often causes one part to split diagonally. They would be much better without the perforations as you have to use scissors anyway so as not to split them in some unwanted fashion. A stronger adhesive as well would actually make them useable.
Duff 1
Duff1

Postby Amy Lyons » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Duff
I have also replied in another thread so I will keep this one brief!
One tip is to butterfly the label over the cable so that the label is sealed on either side of the cable. I understand that this is not a long term fix so as advised we will soon have labels without the perforation available.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby Amy Lyons » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi All

Just to let you know we have introduced labels which are the same size as the TnT Elite labels (52x74mm) but without a perforation so that they can be used as a cable wrap more effectively. It does say on the site that they only work with the TnT Pro printer but these will also work in the TnT Elite.
http://www.seaward.co.uk/products/portable-appliance-testing-equipment/portable-appliance-testing-accessories/printers-printer-accessories-1/test-n-tag-pro-pat-testing-labels-52-x-74mm
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby Amy Lyons » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi All

Just a quick update. We now have 25mm x 52mm labels available to print from our Apollo series to TnT Elite & Pro printers and PT250+ to TnT Pro printer. You will need to update your Apollo firmware for this option to become available.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby Graeme » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:00 am

Unfortunately, I am now experimenting with hand writted labels. I find the T&T Elite printer too slow for office work and the labels darken on items that get warm during use, due to the labels being heat printed.
I have found a label that meets all requirements under the 4th edition and has 5 date entry sections.
This means I can test and perform up to 4 yeary visuals with the same label. Only having to replace on the next full test. A very cost effective way to label, if it works.
I will keep you all posted.
Graeme
Graeme

Next

Return to Portable Appliance Testing