PATGuard 3 Missing Functions

Download 30 day free trial

Re: PATGuard 3 Missing Functions

Postby Glen Cook » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:44 am

verstapp wrote:It once again just sat there with the [win7] hourglass swirling. after 30sec or so i got bored and clicked cancel, at which point it went into its 'preview has stopped responding' routine again. what part of 'cancel' does it not understand?

We have an issue with certain database queries taking a very long time to complete. Cancel will not work whilst the query is being executed and before a result set is returned. Once the results of the query have been returned by the microsoft database engine, the reports will then be created.

As the reports are being created, the percentage value will increase. It is during this time that you can cancel a report.

As has been previously stated, we are working on optimizing the database queries to speed this process up.

Cheers

Glen.
Glen Cook
PATGuard Product Engineer

Postby Amy Lyons » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 am

Hi All

Just to let you know that your feedback is invaluable and based on this we have released an update for PATGuard 3 (v3.0.3) which now has 'drag & drop' functionality and the speed of reports has been improved, amongst other things.
If you already have PATGuard 3, either trialling or purchased, you will be given the option to automatically update when you next open the software.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby verstapp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:58 am

... and after a fortnight of reasonable database response, 10-15sec for my normal 'concise latest test results' for 'today' [patguard3 elite, v3.0.3], today it went back to a crawl - 20mins to get to 99%, and then another 20mins on 99% before I got bored and cancelled.
or perhaps our university's gigabit Ethernet downgraded itself to dialup speed...
except that can't be right - normal surfing is at normal speeds.

any ideas?

Update - next day it was back to the normal 10-15sec. must have been the network...
verstapp.
verstapp

Postby southseas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:48 am

Does anybody know how to bring back the 'Test Period' field in PG3's CSV file export? I use this in my Post Testing Reports for clients who want summaries of testing intervals. It was there in PG2 whenever you made a CSV file, but it's now gone in PG3.

The more I use it, the more PG3 feels like Windows 8.1 -- an upgrade that feels like a downgrade...
southseas

Previous

Return to PATGuard 3 Forum