Printer pairing

PATGuard 3 Forum

Printer pairing

Postby Eventpower » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 pm

We have two setups one which works perfectly - PrimeTest 300 matched up to a ProTag Optima printer and the second setup which I cannot get to print - a PrimeTest 350 also matched up to a ProTag Optima printer.

Ive tried configuring the second setup with the same details as the first setup but I cannot get it to print. Ive tried both printers but still no luck. The setup that works - Bluetooth favourites, setup the printer, under printer type it says ProTag, on the 350 this isn't an option.

Any solutions/ideas in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Eventpower

Re: Printer pairing

Postby s2675827133 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Mat is the optima printer a QL320 zebra printer?and is it a seaward printer?I have been told by Seaward most sternly the only printers that work with the Prime test 300 ,350 is their own branded printers,just wondered as I spent money on a Ql220 and it does not work as your printer problem,it is not a seaward unit,apparently they reconfigure the software to the printer.
s2675827133

Postby Eventpower » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:12 pm

They are both QL420 Plus printers. I just got this...
Unfortunately the PT350 is a tester that is not supported in Australia, therefore our ProTag Optima printer can not connect to it. In order to make it work, the firmware on PT350 will have to be modified and I doubt Seaward will be able to do this. It would take a significant amount of development time and the fact that they do not sell PT350 in Australia will make it harder.
As far as I know, PT350 only connects to the Test n’ Tag Elite printer sold in the UK.
Eventpower

Postby Amy Lyons » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Guys
That is correct. The Australian version of the PT300 has a different firmware version to the UK version of PT300 & 350 meaning it will print with a different printer (amongst many other things). The only printers that will work and are supported in the UK are Seaward branded printers.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing