Supernova Plus Firmware & Password

PATGuard 3 Forum

Supernova Plus Firmware & Password

Postby hfc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

I'm having a few issues with our Supernova Plus and I'm hoping someone can help. The first is a problem updating the firmware.

I've connected it all up, run the update program, put the tester into update mode and selected the firmware file but it comes back with a MISSING DATA error and the message, "The update has failed. Please try sending the file again"

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried it on a few different PCs though each time I've used a USB to Serial adapter due to lack of ports, so I'm wondering if it may be down to the config of this. The tester downloads results with no issue though so I have always assumed it's functioning correctly.

My other issue is that it's currently locked with a password that nobody here knows, the member of staff who set it up has left now. Consequently I can't attach the shiny new printer and scanner I've just purchased or change any other system settings.

I've contacted support but am still waiting to hear back, anyone know if there's a way to reset it?
hfc

Re: Supernova Plus Firmware & Password

Postby Alan Freeman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:15 pm

See the post on this forum http://www.seaward.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56246
Alan Freeman

Postby Amy Lyons » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi hfc

I believe we have answered your email from our Support mailbox. Please let me know if not.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby Dave1443 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:06 am

i have the same question, how do i reset the password on the seaward supernova PAT machine? i bought it online from a unknown seller and they have a password on the machine that i need so i can change some settings involved with my business. Need answers ASAP. Thanks.
Dave1443

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:34 am

Thank you for your enquiry

We do have a reset password for the Supernova, but this is not something that we want to put online for everyone to use (some employers do not want this information available to all). Therefore can you please email support@seaward.co.uk confirming the instrument details (including serial number) as well as your company details and we will email you the password?

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing