HAL H104

Safety e-Base Forum

HAL H104

Postby Petern » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with a Clare/Seaward HAL H104 safety tester, when we do a hi-pot test on the check box or on one of our products the voltage ramps up but we do not get any leakage values, we have had both the unit and check box inspected by 2 different companies and they have not found any problems, I done a factory re-set and put the test programs back in, but still no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer not to send it back to Seaward if possible
Petern

Re: HAL H104

Postby npbarwell » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Petern,

This could be that the voltage is being sent to the wrong terminals.

The HAL can send HIPot and IR voltages to either the rear or front, those being the output box and the white ports on the front of the HAL.

I am making an assumption you are doing the checks in manual mode, beneath all the parameters you will see a symbol, it can be highlighted and swapped between a symbol of the front ports and one of a socket.

It is possible you are sending the voltage through the front whilst being connected to the rear, and therefore no leakage is being detected. Simply make sure the voltage is being sent to the rear and the leakage should be as expected

Hope this helps
npbarwell

Return to Industrial Electrical Safety Testing & Measurement