Europa Plus - not keeping time

PATGuard 3 Forum

Europa Plus - not keeping time

Postby grantsonuk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Last Sunday I started testing a site and noticed the date and time on my tester was wrong but I though no big deal i can manually change the dates on the results once they are downloaded. The following Sunday i returned to the site to finish off and noticed that the date on the tester had only advanced by 4 Days

Has anyone come across this before or can anyone point me in the direction of a solution?

Thanks
Grant
grantsonuk

Re: Europa Plus - not keeping time

Postby grantsonuk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Ok so yesterday i upgraded the firmware to SNEU 28t set the clock to exactly the time on my laptop and kept an eye on it, both leaving it plugged in and also unpluging it for periods of time, all day the clock was bang on to the second

I turned the europa off around 8pm and left it unplugged over night i plugged it back in about 5 minutes ago and it thinks that it is 7:21 am so its exactly 4.5 hours slow

Im guessing that much like a PC there is a battery in there somewhere that regulates the clock when there is no power and i would also guess that the europa would need to go back to seaward to get opened up and have this replaced?

Can anyone confirm if this is the case and if so roughly how much it would cost?

Thanks
grantsonuk

Re: Europa Plus - not keeping time

Postby Alan Freeman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Any cal lab would be able to change the battery. I had mine done 12 months ago.
Alan Freeman

Return to Portable Appliance Testing