Spurious PrimeTest Resets

PATGuard 3 Forum

Spurious PrimeTest Resets

Postby Duff1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm curious to know if any other PrimeTest 300 or 350 users have ever experienced this? It has only happened a few times but has occured on our oldest 300's and our newest 350's. Basically the units reset themselves (!?) back to factory settings. So all the user accounts disappear leaving only an open (no password) Admin account and a User 1 and User 2 account. We are using Rev 3.61. I've never noticed it with any earlier revisions, although it has only occured a few times across a dozen or so units so impossible to relate to anything.
Duff 1
Duff1

Re: Spurious PrimeTest Resets

Postby safe + sound » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 am

I've had it happen twice to my 350 on 3.61, both when it shut itself down mid test due to battery voltage. That was a couple of months ago and it's behaved since then.
safe + sound

Postby Duff1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks for that - seems you're right. I have now had it happen. The batteries gave out mid test, the unit shut off. When restarted with fresh batteries all the user accounts and passwords had gone. So if you need to keep these settings and the admin account secure make sure you replace the batteries in good time!
Duff 1
Duff1

Postby remedy234 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 am

is it just me that thinks there pretty poor? We were going to replace all our Europa Plus machines with 350's but theres no end of problems with them.
remedy234

Postby Duff1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am

I have mixed feelings about them. I would sum them up as comprehensive and versatile but expensive and unreliable. I have certainly lost a lot of faith in Seaward with these test units.
Duff 1
Duff1

Postby Jim Wallace » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Duff1

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost faith in Seaward - I hope that we can do something to restore your faith. I've spoken with our engineering department and tried to reproduce this problem myself. I added a number of new test sequences on my PT350 and also setup a number of user accounts. I tried removing power (by popping out a battery) both when the unit was idle and also mid test. When I replaced the batteries the new sequences and new users accounts were as I had configured them. I'll try this again but allowing the batteries to discharge.

Does this happen under any particular set of circumstances or during any particular test? If we can reproduce it then it can be fixed.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby safe + sound » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:02 pm

I have had it happen again this week. With one bar showing on the battery health indicator (not flashing), and visual inspection data input, the 350 shutdown at the point of starting a 500V insulation test.
Changed batteries and switched on to find the only user names available were admin, user 1 & user 2, the test & tag logo, test options and preferences all needed to be reset.
All my user tests were ok.
safe + sound

Postby Duff1 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm

One of the team has just had it happen 3 times in as many days on an old PT300. User defined Logo gone All user accounts gone, new open admin, user1 and user2, accounts created, etc.

I've just seen a new spurious fault on one of the older PT350's too. The display took about 30 seconds to respond to a key press. I think sometimes it responded with an incorrect character - difficult to tell though due to the long delay. It got very confusing. Powering down for a while cleared it.
Duff 1
Duff1

Return to Portable Appliance Testing