Unwanted "Site Names" and "Location Names" on PT3000

PATGuard 3 Forum

Unwanted "Site Names" and "Location Names" on PT3000

Postby MikeHosted » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Has anybody found a way of getting rid of unwanted "Site Names" and "Locations" on the scroll down menu on the Primetest 300. I have removed all assets then uploaded a new asset base but still unable to remove unwanted items.
MikeHosted

Re: Unwanted "Site Names" and "Location Names" on PT3000

Postby verstapp » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 pm

or even PT300? :)
even better than that i would like to find a way to turn off the 'help' provided by the drop down lists entirely. the system is slow enough as it is and having to wait for it to make its lumbering way through the recently used list every time i press a key makes it even slower.
verstapp.
verstapp

Re: Unwanted "Site Names" and "Location Names" on PT3000

Postby safe + sound » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 am

Mike
Assuming you have Elite 2 (other Seaward programmes may offer the same function) a way I have found is to use the send/receive config data option explained on pages 20 - 22 of the PT 300 manual. Send the config data from the PT300 to your PC and save it in notepad. Edit the notepad file so that it only contains the 5 headings (in brackets) with a clear line between, I keep my username entry but bothing else.
Send this modified file back to the PT300 and it will clear out all the drop-down menus in Auto Mode. You will also need to to re-input your User Options - Test Options and Preferences settings, which is a pain but necessary.
Hope this short explanation helps, get back to me if you need more detail.
safe + sound

Return to Portable Appliance Testing