Patguard software problem

PATGuard 3 Forum

Patguard software problem

Postby SAFET4U_UK » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Hello all, Being as green as grass to the PAT world I have just bought a second hand Supernova Plus which came with 3 Patguard discs, in a case marked patguard 2 elite.

1 disc is marked patguard plus / electrical safety testing testing, and lists applications which I assume is the disc for the tester .

The 2nd disc is marked patguard 2 evaluations

The 3rd disc is marked patguard 2 and lists patguard elite SQL 2
patguard elite2
patguard Pro 2
patguard lite 2

The problem I am having is registering the discs , and I am wondering if its also a case that due to their age they are not compatable with windows 7.as its not listed in the properties of the discs.

Can anyone advise as to the best option to take please.

Many Thanks

Eddie
SAFET4U_UK

Re: Patguard software problem

Postby jonathan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 am

As far as I am aware, PATGuard 2 is the current version (it is what they have downloadable trials for on the Seaward website).

It should work with Windows 7. You could download a trial version to try it out first, they are a 30 day evaluation period trial.
jonathan

Postby Amy Lyons » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi SAFET4U_UK

PATGuard Plus is an old software product which is not compatible with Windows 7.

PATGuard 2 Evaluations is a 30 day demo version of our current software.

PATGuard 2 disc is our current software which is compatible with Windows 7 and contains all versions of the software. This is licenced software and so requires a serial number which would determine which version you are given access to. Were you given any serial numbers for this software?

As Jonathan says we do have trial versions of our current sofware available from our website should you wish to demo it.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby remedy234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 am

Just a note but im running Patguard Plus on a windows 7 machine so it is compatible
remedy234

Return to Portable Appliance Testing