PAT Guard Plus & Download of Data

PATGuard 3 Forum

PAT Guard Plus & Download of Data

Postby phillipbaker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:03 am

i have replaced my machine with a x64 windows 7 PC and installed PAT Guard Plus. Yes it works to an extent. But as the machine has no serial port on it, i have had to use a usb to serial adapter in order to plug the serial cable in to downlaod the data. I get the message to start the transmission and so i start the downlaod and it goes through and tells me how many bytes its downlaoded but then at the end says there are no records to to be found. however i know there are records as i can see them on the tester and i have for now downloaded them to another machine that does have a serial port on the PC built in.

can anyone help .

Re: PAT Guard Plus & Download of Data

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Apologies for the delay in replying. PATGuard Plus software is now obsolete and is not fully compatible with Windows 7. Please consider updating your software to PATGuard 2 Elite. There is a free 30 day demo available from our website if you would like to try downloading into it first.
Is the serial-usb adapter you are using the Easysync one recommended by Seaward? If not we cannot guarantee that other brands will work when downloading our testers.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Re: PAT Guard Plus & Download of Data

Postby SAFET4U_UK » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:07 am

Hi This post partially explains a problem I am having regarding installing Patguard Plus software, See my post
I also have the additional problem of not having the entry codes required to load the other discs . Does this mean I have to purchase new software or can a new code be provided.

Many Thanks

Return to Portable Appliance Testing