UPLOADING TO SUPERNOVA PLUS

PATGuard 3 Forum

UPLOADING TO SUPERNOVA PLUS

Postby joe1971 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 pm

I am trying to upload my results back to my supernova plus from my elite program.I can download results to my pc no problem,but despite following all the instructions in the manual ,and the results seemingly being sent from the pc,i can not locate on my supernova to retest.
Anyone able to shed any light on this for me?
joe1971

Re: UPLOADING TO SUPERNOVA PLUS

Postby PATconstructive » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Yes upload memory is completely different from normal results stored in the machine.

If the upload completed successfully from the pc to the tester the only way you will know that it is correctly in-situ is when you either scan a barcode from a previous label or manually enter an Asset ID. The next screen on the tester will display the test as was previously stored and a new fast key option "Perform Test" is in place below (or press the green key to commence the test).

Unfortunately (in my opinion) no information that is in upload memory can be viewed on the Supernova display. Also not even the facility to compare upload and new test data is possible. The only benefit is that is automatically loads the correct test sequence i.e. the one that was chosen prior when the item was first tested.

Hope this helps!
PATconstructive

Postby joe1971 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks PAT for your reply and i will check out on monday.One point i have is when i scan an item after the upload has supposedly taken place the location does not change.Are you saying that for every re-test i have to input all the details again such as site,location and re-test period?
joe1971

Postby southseas » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Unfortunately (in my opinion) no information that is in upload memory can be viewed on the Supernova display. Also not even the facility to compare upload and new test data is possible. The only benefit is that is automatically loads the correct test sequence i.e. the one that was chosen prior when the item was first tested.

Wouldn't it be useful if you could view all the previous test detail, would help to avoid using the same number more than once when retesting items. Being able to "select" a specific test result to delete would also be useful too
southseas

Postby PATconstructive » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 am

joe1971 wrote:.Are you saying that for every re-test i have to input all the details again such as site,location and re-test period?

Not necessarily. I haven't quite worked this out neither can I find any written guidance but it seems that if you leave the associated fields blank then when you download the new results to PATGuard software the old fields appear to remain. However if you change a location because say an item is moved to a new room then it does appear to move if you allow it when requested on download. Conversely though I think some new information I added in the associated fields has not been appended when downloading. I need to double check this before I quote it as gospel though. Some expert support clarifying these points would be useful, anyone at Seaward listening?
PATconstructive

Postby PATconstructive » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 am

southseas wrote: Wouldn't it be useful if you could view all the previous test detail, would help to avoid using the same number more than once when retesting items. Being able to "select" a specific test result to delete would also be useful too

Yes it would ;)
PATconstructive

Return to Portable Appliance Testing