Power Plus not running

Power Plus not running

Postby oox » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:33 am

Software will not start at all. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and get the same result. Error box stating power plus has stopped working. This is on a 32bit vista OS with up to date updates. Has anybody else had anything similar happen?

Also tried to download the update for the software using the link that i was emailed but this no longer works is there another way to get this?

thanks in advance

Nick
oox

Re: Power Plus not running

Postby genejakaria » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm

oox wrote:Software will not start at all. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and get the same result. Error box stating power plus has stopped working. This is on a 32bit vista OS with up to date updates. Has anybody else had anything similar happen?

Also tried to download the update for the software using the link that i was emailed but this no longer works is there another way to get this?

thanks in advance

Nick

download downgraded (older version) software, and install it. hopefully it will work.
fariha
genejakaria

Postby oox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:11 pm

There is no older version. Was installing version 1.0. Eventually got a new serial off them after SEVERAL emails and calls.

I was also told when trying to find out how/where to install version 2 from 1 that "I'm not sure which upgrade you mean as there has not been an upgrade or update for PowerPlus PC. Do you mean to make it in line with amendment 1 of the wiring regs? In this case the decision was made not to go ahead with the update."

So certs via this software are now not compliant with the Amendment 1 of BS 7671 which came into force last January so are USELESS as is this tester/software solution that us idiots chipped out for.

I WILL NEVER purchase another item from this manufacturer again. They want you to pay hundreds for a course to find out how to use the expensive equipment you've paid several hundred or thousands of pounds for.

Try to imply that their copy protection constitutes support when you are trying to move the software you have paid for to another computer and want it unlocked from old pc or a new serial e.g."as we are currently running a free Software support service that many of our competitors charge a yearly fee for.". I don't pay microsoft for a support contract but when i contact them about moving my OS to another computer it is done.

You contact them and get different answers every reply and you don't know who sent what email and so can't stay/quote the person to clarfiy. Your original message in email doesn't stay in the replied email and so you have to repeat yourself every time you email for another anonymous reply "SOLUTION" that doesn't work.

Then eventually get told it was assumed that you ment this or that (read as customers fault) but I was never asked a question about my problem once, just given solutions that didn't work and so had to retype whole problem EVERY TIME a little bit differently hoping it would be read by the same person who had sent the last incorrect solution reply.
oox

Postby Jim Wallace » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Nick

I will investigate your complaint.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Return to Installation Testing