Upgrading to v1.1 Patguard Elite

PATGuard 3 Forum

Upgrading to v1.1 Patguard Elite

Postby astrostar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but have already picked up some useful info reading through the threads. I have just purchased a secondhand Supernova Plus which came with Patguard Elite v1.0 software. I have read that there is a v1.1 update but I can't seem to find it on the Seaward site, does anyone know where I can download this from ?

Is it worth upgrading to the v2 software and if so how much would this be ? If it's expensive then I will stay with the v1.0 software as it seems to do all that I need (at the moment).

The Supernova has v28d firmware and I am tempted to update to the latest version but alwys have reservations about updating firmware - with computers if you have a glitch halfway through the process it can screw the computer, has anyone had any problems whilst updating the firmware on their machines ?

Many thanks in advance

Graham
astrostar

Re: Upgrading to v1.1 Patguard Elite

Postby Jim Wallace » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Hhi Graham

We don't post upgrade versions on our site, only the latest version (PatGuard 2). There are various upgrade options available. If you call our sales department they can advise on the various upgrade routes - you may of course decide against upgrading but at least you'll know the options open.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby astrostar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Jim,,
Many thanks for the info, it's much appreciated.

Graham
astrostar

Postby PATconstructive » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

I have PM'd you the download link for v1.1

The upgrade offers significant cost saving over purchasing the package outright. I am told it is worth shopping around even for the upgrade to get the best deal.

Latest firmware is v28t I believe. I updated the firmware in several supernova's following the information in App note 018-How To Upgrade Supernova Or Europa Firmware (see link page below) and all worked first time with no problems.

The reason I updated was to get full download compatibility of data across 2 models of supernova elite/plus but mainly to enable upload of data back into the testers. I have mixed bag of opinions about the usefulness of the upload facility.

It is useful in that the old test routine is automatically presented when you scan barcode or enter the asset ID. However, you cannot "see" i.e. view any uploaded information on the tester. It does not automatically store the old Make, Model, Serial number info when you retest previously tested items, you have to manually re-enter. You cannot compare new test results with those in upload memory. It is limited to 600 items in upload memory.

http://www.seaward.co.uk/seaward-downlo ... on%20Notes
PATconstructive

Postby astrostar » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for the link it's much appreciated as is the info regarding the firmware upgrade. I will give this a go shortly.

Graham
astrostar

Return to Portable Appliance Testing