Personnel in PATGuard Elite

PATGuard 3 Forum

Personnel in PATGuard Elite

Postby ringer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Am a bit mystified regarding personnel in the software. Is this me and my employees, or is it client's personnel, or is it both? Must admit have not experimented too much. Just seem to have to add personnel at different levels i.e. Client, Site, Location. Can someone please throw some light on how best to use this feature? And explain the benefits?
ringer

Re: Personnel in PATGuard Elite

Postby PATconstructive » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes this relates to different personnel who may be involved in using and operating the tester and or the PATGuard software program or they could be the "responsible" person or your routine contacts at any client, site or location. They could exist at any location or some may be static and some travelling etc. The software gives you the facility to be able to set them up as such. Also you can assign certain 'permissions' relating to what they can do with the software program i.e add, edit, delete, etc.

The benefit should be that you can track (as long as the right user is selected when using the tester) who tests what and where and to whom any related reports should be sent to. PATGuard program help file suggests that address info etc can be added/edited also that responsibilities can be assigned but I cannot work out how to do this maybe the help file is out of date or referring to a previous incarnation of the program that offered features which are no longer available?

Also a personnel report can be generated which lists the contacts, name, tel, fax, email etc.

I have to say this is not a feature of the software that I have used much at all so far. But I can see some potential benefits if and when I get round to populating the database with the information.
PATconstructive

Re: Personnel in PATGuard Elite

Postby Jim Wallace » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Ringer

Can't really add much to that - describes exactly what it is and what its for.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Return to Portable Appliance Testing