Suprenova HELP please

PATGuard 3 Forum

Suprenova HELP please

Postby coops1 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi all, I have an old supernova which I brought around 6 months ago and has been working fine (apart from never wanting to pass washing machines. It had only tested 72 items in its life when I got it and it’s nearly 10 years old! Looking through the test sequences today and they all look a little wrong but I am newly qualified and I could be wrong.

Rather than going though every sequence on here I thought I would do a firmware update hoping it would correct everything but I can’t seem to do it on my pc. I have downloaded the firmware update and then I unzip them it tells me 3 items unzipped and then done nothing so have given up on that.... on the how to on here is talks about a sneuprog which I don’t have...... To be honest they could do with an idiots guide to this lol

Is there a list somewhere what all the test sequences are and I will manually input them?
By doing this at least I know I am starting from a good point
coops1

Re: Suprenova HELP please

Postby coops1 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:21 am

Thank you for the advise but reset is not an option. It HAD 72 on it when I brought it but now has loads and I havent yet brought any software to download it. I dont fancy loosing whats on there really just in case..
coops1

Re: Suprenova HELP please

Postby Jim Wallace » Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi coops

The is a guide on our website - its in the application notes and is called "018-How To Upgrade Supernova Or Europa Firmware"

Always best to download your test results first as a precaution. As led says, you can reset the test sequences to the factory settings. I don't believe (I haven't done this for a good few years) this will wipe test records in memory but I would need to confirm this when I get back to the office later this week. In the meantime, our tech support line could give you an immediate answer.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Return to Portable Appliance Testing