UpLoad to PrimeTest 350

PATGuard 3 Forum

Re: UpLoad to PrimeTest 350

Postby kejones » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding. Typically, it all suddenly started working today after yet another erase and a power cycling. (Duff data causing things to fail? Maybe the power cycling was the bit I was missing in the equation?). I was, at least, doing everything correctly as mentioned so perhaps it was just a glitch? Perhaps it's the reason why first time users seem to have problems?

I have to say that it is counter-intuitive to upload data and not be able to view it. Perhaps some of the ergonomics are putting people off their stride? I'm coming into it from the IT support side and I have to say some of the behaviour of the tester takes a lot of supressing of natural instincts. The PATGuard software also has some "quirkyness" about it, Bit's I'd expect to work one way, work another etc

With 20-20 hindsight, I could certainly rattle off some ideas that might be useful improvements (and I'm stressing the might :) )

Keith

PS: Bluetooth connection delays being one of them! It winds me up too. Especially as I've sat there for a few moments now waiting for the connection and then realised the printer has gone to sleep. It's just a little bit annoying.
kejones

Postby gaz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Keith, I may be able to help here, if I have understood your problem correctly it maybe a simple mis-match in the data fields:
Check that the options for the asset descriptions etc. are the same in PATGaurd Elite 2 as they are in the PrimeTest 350 . To do this, turn on the tester and follow this route:
F4 >User options > test options> F3 >.
You should now be in window 2 of “Test options” Take note of the contents of the 4 boxes by and below “Comments line”, as they must be the same as the ones in PATGaurd Elite 2 programme. If it helps I have mine set to
1, Asset Description.
2, Make
3, Serial no
4, Notes
Open PATGaurd Elite 2 on your PC and find “tools” on the menu bar and click on “Options” . Then in the window that opens up check the “Text Line” 1,2,3,and 4 boxes. They must say the same thing as the tester or the data won’t be able to match up and as you were saying you wont be able to find it.
www.patsure.com
gaz

Postby Jim Wallace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Guys

I sat down last night with a PT350 and a copy of PATGuard Elite on my laptop and went through the upload procedure. I've just written an application note with PATGuard and PT350 screen shots - and highlighted what I think are the common pitfalls.
I'll ask our web developer to upload it onto the application notes section on our website tomorrow (Friday). Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Jim
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby Jim Wallace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

PS - I also included instructions on how to view uploaded assets on the PT350 (I didn't think you could do this).
Jim Wallace

Postby Jim Wallace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Keith - go to View Saved Data, select Search and change Test Status to "Uploaded" (leave all other fields with *)
The search will then show all uploaded assets.
Jim Wallace

Previous

Return to Portable Appliance Testing