Showing more than one test for Microwave ovens

PATGuard 3 Forum

Showing more than one test for Microwave ovens

Postby ringer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:16 pm

When we test Microwave ovens we do two tests - one is PAT and the other is Microwave Leakage. These are set up as two different tests on our machines (Primetest 350s) and results are stored under the same asset number. After downloading to PatGuard Elite and creating reports, only one test is showing. Because the Microwave Leakage test is done last, this is the one that shows up on the reports. As well as not being able to see the PAT test results, the test count is not right so we cannot bill the customer for the second test. I could always add the Microwave Leakage onto the end of a standard PAT program, but then I would only end up with one test, so would effectively be doing a microwave leakage test for free.
There is the added problem that one Microwave that we tested failed (damage to the flex) and then later passed after the customer had repaired it and we re-tested. Ideally I would like to be able to charge him (in this case) for three tests. The initial test that failed, the subsequent retest that passed, and the microwave leakage test. So I would like all three tests to display in the reports.
Does anyone know of a way to get all three test results showing in the reports? I usually use the 'Concise Latest Test Results' report and the 'Detailed Latest Test Results' reports.
ringer

Re: Showing more than one test for Microwave ovens

Postby ringer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Answering my own post here - have found out that if I use the 'Detailed Test History' and the 'Concise Test History' reports (with appropriate date limits) then I can get all of the tests to show. The tests show in the wrong order, but at least they show.
Just waiting for my customer to ask why I did three tests on the same appliance :lol:
ringer

Postby ringer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:57 pm

I know that I could create a custom microwave test to do both the PAT and record the leakage, but at the end of the day that would just be recorded as one test. We tend to look at the total number of tests, multiply by our rate per test, then charge accordingly. Doing it that way, we are effectively giving them a leakage test for free!
ringer

Postby jags » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 am

Hi ringer, if your charging a separate price for the leakage test then why not have the asset id for the electrical test( 100 )and then a leakage test asset id ( 100A ) for the leakage test. This then shows up on the report as a separate test together and is included in test count, and you can add a pass or fail with the reading in the notes.Works for me and client can see what is happening for what they are being charged - transparency and trust with client!
jags

Return to Portable Appliance Testing