Europa Plus firmware

PATGuard 3 Forum

Europa Plus firmware

Postby Alan Freeman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 am

This is a question directed at Jim of Seaward.

Back in November I posted a couple of questions on the support section, and ended up speaking to one of your engineers. He understood exactly where I was looking for the firmware to go, and said he would get a new release with my suggestions added. I just wonder if things are progressing - and when a release is due. My suggestions were:-

1. On a failure of a test (normally earth bond because you have not found a good earth) the tester enters the failure menu..... but the default option is "Fail appliance". The most likely default option in my view would be to "Re-test". I know the option is there, it just means the you have to scroll up two every time you try with a new earth connection, and when on your back, under a desk etc that is not the easiest thing to do!!

2. According to the manual for the Europa+, it is possible to set up to test a multiway extension "Automatically".

All I seem to be able to do is to perform multiple Earth continuity tests - followed by multiple Insulation tests. It also seems I can only ever do one polarity test.

My requirement is to test a home made trunking with one chassis plug to many chassis sockets. Each is wired using 3 core flex within the trunking - so each socket should be tested individually as the potential to get crossed/loose wires exists for each socket! Therefore the ideal would be to be able to perform one of each (including polarity)- repetatively moving the plug on each test, not do all the earth bond, then go back to socket 1 and do the insulation tests,

Is this still work in progress? If so, when do the support guys see having this released? The reason for the prompt is that these items are soon to be re-tested and I want to make my life easier if it is ready.

Thanks

Alan
Alan Freeman

Re: Europa Plus firmware

Postby Alan Freeman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 am

Jim

This post is now over a week old. I need to do the tests next weekend.

If the support guys have this near, but are doing final testing, I would be happy to beta test for them!!

Alan
Alan Freeman

Postby Jim Wallace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Alan

Apologies - I dont get onto the forum on a regular basis, tends to be an at home evening activity. I gather that you have since spoken to one of our applications engineers but if this is not the case please let me know.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby Alan Freeman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Jim

Yes, I have spoken with Richard. Still no sign of a new release as I believe the Europa firmware is now fairly stable and not being revised as often.

Richard agrees with the first problem as being a general issue affecting every user.
The second problem is very specific? I even sent Richard a psudo-code clue as to what I thought for this one.
Alan Freeman

Return to Portable Appliance Testing