UpLoad to PrimeTest 350

PATGuard 3 Forum

UpLoad to PrimeTest 350

Postby StOuennais » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi,
I have uploaded assets from PC to test unit, but when I scan barcode for an asset loaded into tester, record does not detail expected test sequence just the sequance of last test. ie recognises barcode but does not retrive data that I know was uploaded when I selected upload asset on PC and saw asset listed on tester, but when upload completed all uploaded records not shown.

What am I doing wrong??
StOuennais

Re: UpLoad to PrimeTest 350

Postby bigfella0765 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 am

Hey mate,
Do you have a "retest" option when you scan in the barcode of the loaded assest? If so, you will need to select "retest" rather than a blank "OK" response. We use PT300's, but I think it may be the same process on the 350.
Cheers
bigfella0765

Postby Jim Wallace » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi

your right - upload on the PT350 works in the same way as with the PT300. If the assets are correctly upload into the tester memory, when an asset is entered which matches that of an asset that has been uploaded then the previous test sequence, site and location appear on screen and the "RETEST" key appears.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby StOuennais » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Sorry for delay in Reply but was away for the week on business.

No I do not see "RETEST", during "Upload" I see assets being seen by 350 and the numbers being incremented, but when the memory is checked only previous entries seen -none of uploaded data is listed on 350.

When I scan an item which I "Uploaded" I do not see the "RETEST" key and the details of the previously tested item (new test on new item) remain after item is scaned ie test sequence location etc for the scaned item, it is as if the uploaded data did not register.

I did an "Upload Assets" when uploading the data was this correct?
StOuennais

Postby Jim Wallace » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am

Hi

Upload assets is correct. If you use upload location or upload site it only uploads the location or site name and not the assets under that location or site.

I dont have a tester in front of me but will have a look at upload again when I'm back in the office - I'm sure we can crack it.
Jim Wallace

Postby StOuennais » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 am

Hi

I can confirm that if I scan an Item that I have tested then the "RETEST" option is available.
StOuennais

Postby kejones » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm having the same difficulty.I've only just invested in one of the 350 units (and the PAT Guard Elite 2 software) so it's probably something stupid I'm doing. I can upload assets (and they show up as assets if you use the retest facility) but they don't show in the saved data (or searches). The upload dialog just sits there after the end of data marker appears and the only option I have is to press ESC. Could the upload be failing to signal that it's complete?

I thought that it wouldn't be a problem but it makes it more difficult to handle going out and re-testing items dotted around the building. I'll now have to print a paper report that I can carry about the building so I can find the correct room. It seems a bit of a backward step carrying around a wonderful data logging PAT tester and then a sheaf of paper on top :roll:

Keith
kejones

Postby kejones » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi,

Correction. I just tried wiping my 350's memory and re-uploading the dozen assets I'm playing with while I get used to it. Although "Memory Options" lists 12 assets onboard, I can't see them in "View Saved Data" nor do I get a "Retest" soft key when I type/scan in an asset ID now.

As far as I can see the uploads are just not working :(

Anyone have any ideas?

Keith
kejones

Postby Jim Wallace » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi Keith

Uploaded assets cannot be viewed using the View Saved Data function. The PT350 has one continuous block of memory which can hold around 8,000 asset records. This is memory is used to hold both uploaded and saved records but only saved records (i.e. those created on the tester by storing the results of a test sequence) can be viewed on the tester.

If the RETEST option does not appear above one of the function keys when an asset ID number is entered then the PT350 has not found an asset in the upload memory that matches the asset ID that has been entered.

I'm trying to think of common problems, or the mistakes I made when trying to get my head around upload. One of the most common 'mistakes' is to select "Upload Site" or "Upload Location" thinking that it will upload all assets under that location or site - it doesn't, those options only upload the site or location name. To upload assets you must select "Upload asset." I don't have a PT350 with me so I'm working from memory but I believe that the memory options can be used to show how many assets are in the upload memory - you can't view them but you should be able to see how many are there.

The upload feature does work reliably but it seems sometimes users struggle with getting to grips - I'll see if we have any application notes on upload.
Jim Wallace

Postby StOuennais » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:59 am

Hi,
I am still struggling with "Uploaded" data it does not show a RETEST option when an uploaded item is scanned for retesting. this after the Upload Assets option was selected.

When I look at the downloaded data after two days worth of work none of the comments are tranfered.
The description is but "Make, Model and Serial No" are not if I drill down into the 350 I can see the Make Model and Serial No in the record but it is not transfered to the PC, what am I doing wrong.

on another minor note whilst carring out tests the unit automatically disconnected the scanner and connected Tag printer whilst carring out test sequence and when test completed the print button came up streight away. now when I have completed sequence it says "please wait" whilst the scanner is disconnected and it connects to printer then shows the print button this can take about 10 - 15 seconds, a long time wasted after every test has anone got any ideas on what I need to select to get back to the faster procedure, ie auto disconnecting of scanner and connecting printer during test sequence.
StOuennais

Next

Return to Portable Appliance Testing