Datalogic Bluetooth Scanners

PATGuard 3 Forum

Datalogic Bluetooth Scanners

Postby samglazier » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:26 am

Hi guys,
That time of year has once again approached where I am required to do some in-house retests. When we purchased the PrimeTest300 package, we received a Datalogic QS6500-BT.

I have sucessfully configured the PrimeTest300 to talk with the Scanner, however I am unable to scan any of the barcodes printed out on the pass labels. I have tried going through the Datalogic instructions however there is nothing specific to Seaward configurations.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I have been unable to get assistance from anyone else :)

Regards,
Sam
samglazier

Re: Datalogic Bluetooth Scanners

Postby Jim Wallace » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Sam

Does the scanner work at all. Is the problem only with scanning printed pass labels - can you scan other barcodes? Which printer are you using? Do the barcodes that you are trying to scan appear to be printed clearly?

Regards
Jim
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby Mally » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi Sam
Did your scanner come with a barcode sheet you sometimes need this to reset your scanners firmware

Cheers Mal
Mally

Postby samglazier » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:34 am

Thanks for the reply,

The Scanner does work. It turns on and will scan certain barcodes (just random ones on some products).The labels are very clear and should be very easy to read.

The Scanner did not come with any barcode sheets. Still unable to get this working!
samglazier

Postby Jim Wallace » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Sam

There is a Seaward Bluetooth Scanner - QuickStart available for download on our website (http://www.seaward.co.uk/faqs/pat-teste ... quickstart) and this includes the configuration barcodes. This will allow you to reconfigure the scanner - if you are still having problems we can explore a little further.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Return to Portable Appliance Testing