2D barcode scanners

PATGuard 3 Forum

2D barcode scanners

Postby pdmpdm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:18 am

Has anyone been able to get a 2D barcode scanned to work with a Prime Test Elite or Apollo 600..

I have emailed Seaward 3 times but no response from them
pdmpdm

Re: 2D barcode scanners

Postby Amy Lyons » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi pdmpdm

I'm sorry that you have not received a reply. Can you please advise what address you send the email to so that I can investigate.

We do not currently support any 2D barcode scanners with our test instruments but that is no to say that it would not work if you manage to connect it via Bluetooth.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby Phil Hoppe » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Isnt the Opticon OPN 2006 as used on the Prime Test Elite in Australia a 1 and 2D Barcode scanner?
Its specification suggests that it is a great scanner but in use it's pretty ordinary..wont scan tags printed from supernova protag printer and fails to scan barcodes on the back of monitors etc.
Phil Hoppe

Postby southseas » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:04 am

Hi Phil
The specs for the PTE scanner say it has a 1D scan engine, and it's performance is very dependent on it's state of charge. For 2D scanner to work, Seaward's boffins will have to do some work, 1D scanners emulate key strokes to enter data from a bar code which can be scanned by a laser, 2D have info in two planes that can only be read by an Imager- maybe with work, the on board camera on the PTE/Apollo 600 could read them
southseas

Return to Portable Appliance Testing