Retesting items. Primetest 300.

PATGuard 3 Forum

Retesting items. Primetest 300.

Postby privatteer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:57 am

After several days of frustration I have finally got a Patgaurd 2 at our site working again and the primetest 300 talking to it. (Bluetooth issues and licence key locked for unknown reason)

However I have not been able to achieve what I expected to with the software. Even after doing an download then a upload back into the unit it does not remember the details for the item being tested.
Every time have to enter the test type, item location etc when retesting items tested last cycle after entering its ID.

I assume it might have something to do with asset groups in the software but I can not find any reference in the manuals to the 10 digit test code required?
I assume its not the same as the old pat2000 codes as they did not seem to work.

With the fast battery drain, not able to use on AC supply, lead swapping to do PE conductor test/load test, non isolated RCD test and the generally flakiness of the barcode scanner and printer I can understand why the unit had been shelved. However we no longer have a choice as last DOS machine and tester is beyond repair.
privatteer

Re: Retesting items. Primetest 300.

Postby Amy Lyons » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi privatteer

Are you following our guides on how to download and upload the instrument? Please find them at the below page:

http://www.seaward.co.uk/userfiles/support-primetest-350.php

Once you have uploaded assets for retest you should be able to enter an asset ID by keyboard or scanner and if that ID has been uploaded the tester will display 're-test' as an option. Is this not happening?
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby privatteer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Alright so got past the fact it does not update the details straight away and you have to press "re-test" to see how it was tested last time.
Then get to the asset description etc and that is blank as well?

Yes, details have been downloaded/uploaded into unit and see the transfer on the primetest occurring.
privatteer

Postby Amy Lyons » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am

Hi privateer

The reason the asset details are not uploaded is that they are stored in the central database in the software and are not a variable. You can just leave these blank and the software will link up the asset ID to create a history. If you type in a new description it will overwrite the original one when you download.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Postby privatteer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Well that's a bit pointless, the data is there why don't you show it?

I've already found duplicated ID's on site on different items, what am I supposed to do drag a book worth of test sheets and cross each one off.
privatteer

Postby jags » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:28 am

Hi privatteer, sounds like the settings on the unit need tweaking. Have you gone into the user options and checked the 2nd page for the comments "always" line and new comments"same as last"? This keeps the description visible once retest is hit and then the options button has the other info. This keeps testing quicker as less info to load. Also have you got the Asset ID as "increment" - easiest way to avoid doubles or triples. You can nominate the start increment if you need to change it and it will never give you doubles. Not trying to be smart about it but I have playing around with this unit for a while till i get it to be as simple as possible. I have found the PT300 to be a great unit to use, maybe you need to purchase some decent eneloop batteries that last. Hope this helps
jags

Return to Portable Appliance Testing