Europa Plus Internal battery

PATGuard 3 Forum

Europa Plus Internal battery

Postby grantsonuk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi guys

My Europa has been gathering dust for the last two years and the other day I had an old customer ask me if I'm still doing testing work.

Testing their shop would cover the cost of a years calibration (just) from my usual calibration house but i noticed last time out that the internal battery was on its way out and the tester was starting up with random dates and times every time.

I cant justify the cost of getting the battery replaced but would like to know if it can have any other ill effect on the tester other than the date and time before i agree to take on work and pay to get the tester calibrated especially if it means the calibration may be off by the time i come to do the work

Can anyone confirm what the internal battery effects other than the clock?

Re: Europa Plus Internal battery

Postby Stephen Armstrong » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:00 am

Thank you for your enquiry.

The internal battery will only be a problem with the date and time settings of the instrument. However, we always recommend that instruments are calibrated every year.

If you decide to calibrate the instrument with us, and as long as you tell them there is an issue with the internal battery, this will be changed during the calibration.

For further details please contact our Service Department on:

TEL: +44 (0) 191 587 8739

Kind regards
Technical Support
Stephen Armstrong
Technical Sales Engineer

Re: Europa Plus Internal battery

Postby Alan Freeman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:30 pm

I think the above goes for any calibration house. I actually think they would spot that the clock was wrong, and change the battery even without being prompted - but better safe.... tell them.
Alan Freeman

Return to Portable Appliance Testing