Altering Order Of Locations In Asset List Report

PATGuard 3 Forum

Altering Order Of Locations In Asset List Report

Postby southseas » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:06 am

Have an issue with a site that is spread over three buildings at one address, I don't wish to generate three separate asset lists for my client. What I've tried to do is prefix each location with a letter code to indicate which building it's in.

For example;
Garden House (building name), I have GH Reception, GH Kitchen, GH Lounge GH Library
Main House (building name) MH Reception, MH Kitchen etc
Silver Dale (building name) SD Reception, SD Kitchen etc

What I would like to achieve is an Asset List that lists all the Garden House locations and the Assets each location has, followed by all the Main House locations and then Silver Dale, despite all the tricks I've tried, PATGuard seems to spit the Asset List out in a random order- anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers
Southseas
southseas

Re: Altering Order Of Locations In Asset List Report

Postby southseas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 pm

No cunning plans anyone? Merry Christmas, happy & safe holidays and a Prosperous New Year to all
southseas

Postby southseas » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Anyone got any suggestions on this?
southseas

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi southseas

Sorry that you have not had anyone reply on this!

I'm not 100% sure on what you are trying to do. You can print an asset list in PATGuard showing as much or as little of your assets as required. These would be split down by site and location but will be on the same document. How are you numbering your assets? The asset list sorts it alphanumerically so a prefix of a letter might be a good idea. Alternatively I have known of it to help when people prefix with zeros, eg. 001, 002, 003.

If you are still having problems with this after trying the above suggestions please email in software@seaward.co.uk and attach a copy of your database and details on the PATGuard program and tester you are using.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing