Hello from a soon to be newbie ( Hopefully )

PATGuard 3 Forum

Hello from a soon to be newbie ( Hopefully )

Postby marsh0303 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi ,everyone just thought I would introduce myself, I am due to take my PAT course at the end of April and so I am now swatting up on the course syllabus and trying to find my way around the Supernova plus I have purchased.

I am eventually hoping to find work either on an employed or self employed basis but will be looking to offer my services as a volunteer assistant with a local PAT company in the mean time to get a better insight in to the workload.

I would welcome any advice relating to the path I should follow to achieve the goal of becoming a full time tester.

I look forward to getting to know some of you in the future and wish you all the best.

Many Thanks

Marsh0303
marsh0303

Re: Hello from a soon to be newbie ( Hopefully )

Postby remedy234 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am

If your serious about being a full time tester you'll be ditching the supernova pretty quickly. Its far too big and heavy. I wouldnt bother with the new Apollo or even the Primtest 350i but id def recommend the Europa Plus. A solid piece of kit
remedy234

Re: Hello from a soon to be newbie ( Hopefully )

Postby K-PAT » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:57 am

Hi, welcome to the world of Testing, I also use a Supernova plus and I like it.I sit it on a trolley and power it with a 10 metre lead so it can follow me around most rooms.If you get any problems downloading to a PC, check this forum, there are quite a few mentions of similar problems, mainly caused by usb adaptors.
I quickly learnt to keep in touch with local sparkies as a lot of them hate Pat testing and are happy to pass work onto me.
Good luck,

K-PAT.
K-PAT

Return to Portable Appliance Testing