PATGuard 2 Elite License Issues

PATGuard 3 Forum

PATGuard 2 Elite License Issues

Postby kilamite » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 am

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise.

I have upgraded from PATGuard Plus to PATGuard 2 Elite, but having all sorts of problems getting the licensing to work. When running PATGuard 2 Elite, I get the error message telling me the license file has been tampered with.

However, if I run PATGuard 2 Elite in 'Windows XP Compatibility Mode' it doesn't complain about the license and works fine!

Any ideas how to resolve this so I don't need to use XP compatibility mode?
kilamite

Re: PATGuard 2 Elite License Issues

Postby moonraker » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 am

Why don't you call Seaward HQ and speak to Tech Support who will be able to talk this through with you?

If necessary, providing you have the details of the original Licence, they may be able to re-issue new passwords or certificates to enable the software.

I would speak to them first to establish what exactly the problem is.
moonraker

Re: PATGuard 2 Elite License Issues

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Kilamite
Just for future reference, if you get a Tamper error, on the large error message window please select Show Licence Information to open the Licence Viewer. Open all the little plus (+) symbols to show all the licence information. Send a screen print of this to support@seaward.co.uk and we will send you a code to enter to cure the error. We recognise that the Tamper system is very sensitive and so are looking for an alterative way to protect our software in PATguard 3.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing