A list of Test Sequence

PATGuard 3 Forum

A list of Test Sequence

Postby coops1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi all, I have just brought a new europa and have not set one up before so am a little lost. I have set up all I can but I would like to add some test sequences. For instance, it always fails washing machine for some reason and I have no test sequance for a surge protected lead.
Is there a list of all test sequances and if not can we put one together to help people like me?
I have had a look on line and through the forum but can not find one
Ricky
coops1

Re: A list of Test Sequence

Postby Alan Freeman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Ricky
A surge protected extension lead is the same as any other extension, just need to use 240v for the insulation test, not the normal 500v.

What is the washing machine failing on?? Earth bond?? What reading do you get?? The result should still be the same as for any other item as the earth bond test is only checking the resistance of the mains cable earth to the chassis. Guess work here - has the metalwork rusted where the earth is connected?? Are you getting a good test point connection?? Try on the inside of drum itself.
Alan Freeman

Re: A list of Test Sequence

Postby Amy Lyons » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:42 am

Good Morning
Thanks for your comments Alan.
There is also a How-To Guide available on or website for how to set up a test sequence for a surge protected lead.
http://www.seaward.co.uk/faqs/pat-testers/how-do-i-set-a-test-sequence-for-a-230v-4-way-surge-pro

I suspect that the washer may be failing on the PE current leakage test. If this is the case please ensure that you are using the test sequence for movable/stationary equipment as the pass limit is higher than that for HH/portable.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing