Test n Tag Elite

PATGuard 3 Forum

Re: Test n Tag Elite

Postby southseas » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 am

I find the T&T Elite printer too slow for office work and the labels darken on items that get warm during use, due to the labels being heat printed.

G'day Graeme

What tester are you using with the Elite?, what number tags per hour are you looking to print?

Cheers
Southseas
southseas

Postby Graeme » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Southseas.
I use the PT 350 tester.
Generally there are 2 of us testing over night. I now find the quickest way is to have the second person filling out labels, as well as fetching and carrying. Without having to wait for the electronics to print on the T&T, I have found I can test 10% more per hour.
I do have other issues with T&T labels, Both pass and fail look too similar in my opinion, discolouration with minimal heat, and lastly, durability.
hope this clears things up.
Graeme
Graeme

Postby southseas » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks Graeme, trying get a feel for what sort of speed can be achieved with the Apollo and Elite printer. I use an assistant too, certainly helps keep the numbers up.

Have you tried using a standard label, and thermal ribbon with an Elite? that should solve the blackening issue, I use clear/coloured overlays which help to keep my tags looking clean and crisp, and can be used to emphasis failed items.
southseas

Postby Graeme » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi Southseas
Not sure what you are talking about when you mention:
"Have you tried using a standard label, and thermal ribbon with an Elite? that should solve the blackening issue, I use clear/coloured overlays which help to keep my tags looking clean and crisp, and can be used to emphasis failed items".
Surely if the label is printed by way of heat, any heat will distort the label, ie darkening?
Graeme

Previous

Return to Portable Appliance Testing