Data fields in Designer PATGuard Elite

PATGuard 3 Forum

Data fields in Designer PATGuard Elite

Postby ling » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 am

Hi,

I want my PATGuard Elite to generate a report that will include serial numbers of assets. Reading from other post, I've matched the PT300 comments last line "Serial No" to the PatGuard Elite program; Tools>Options>Text Line 4> "Serial No." The Serial No. data appeared as part of the asset detail. However, when producing a report to reflect the data, in Designer; Objects>Contents>Data Line> Insert Column> Serial No. This however returns, the Serial No. of the tester used and not the Serial No. of the asset description I would like to retrieve from the comments line.

Please advise how and what steps to take in order to retrieve 'Serial No' as part of the asset description and not the 'Serial No' of the tester used.
ling

Re: Data fields in Designer PATGuard Elite

Postby PATconstructive » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Are you talking about one of the preset reports (if so which one) or a custom one that you have designed yourself?
PATconstructive

Postby ling » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 am

I've used one of the default 'Concise Latest Test Results" reports. And have been attempting to insert a column that will show the serial numbers of assets from the data line 'Serial No.' of the 'Asset Detail'. In Designer, i've tried the generic list of fields including the 'serial no.', that retrieve serial no. of tester.

1) IS there a generic one somewhere i've missed that will retrieve the serial no of the assets from the data field 'serial no.' of 'asset detail'?

2) Any chance you might have a idea of how to get around to CREATE one? It would be great to include an additional information of the asset for our client's asset report.
ling

Postby ling » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:40 am

I've just realised I can retrieve 'Serial No.' of an asset on a report. It just had to be from the 'Detailed Asset List'. Eventhough Designer is the same program in PATGuard Elite, depending on which default report is edited from, 'Serial No.' from the listed fields, can mean either serial number of the test instrument used or the serial number of the asset detail.

Now that i can get serial number in the report from the 'Detailed Asset List', I want the 'Comment' column that can be found on the 'Concised Latest Test Results' but not on the field list of Designer on 'Detailed Asset List'??! My goal is to be able to produce a report that will show:

Asset Id,
Asset Description,
Site,
Location,
Make,
Model,
Comments,
Result.

Any advice would be appreciated
ling

Return to Portable Appliance Testing