Page 1 of 1

Damaged Extension Lead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm
by edutech
This lead lead caught fire and severely damaged a kitchen. Fortunately no one was harmed.

The lead is 0.75mm2 and was connected to a washing machine.

Clearly the washing machine drew more than the maximum current capacity of the lead, hence the fire.

My question is, why didn't the 5 amp fuse fitted in the plug blow before the lead caught fire?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Re: Damaged Extension Lead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 pm
by Jim Wallace
Hi Edutech

Sent you a PM

Jim