Damaged Extension Lead

PATGuard 3 Forum

Damaged Extension Lead

Postby edutech » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm

This lead lead caught fire and severely damaged a kitchen. Fortunately no one was harmed.

The lead is 0.75mm2 and was connected to a washing machine.

Clearly the washing machine drew more than the maximum current capacity of the lead, hence the fire.

My question is, why didn't the 5 amp fuse fitted in the plug blow before the lead caught fire?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
Attachments
lead.GIF
lead.GIF (182.79 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
edutech
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Damaged Extension Lead

Postby Jim Wallace » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi Edutech

Sent you a PM

Jim
User avatar
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:35 pm


Return to Portable Appliance Testing


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

 
 
cron