PrimeTest 350 test sequence's

PATGuard 3 Forum

PrimeTest 350 test sequence's

Postby gaz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:35 pm

When I attended the PrimeTest course last year we were given some test sequences to enter that may be useful… they were! BUT…

My machine has just been for its hols to seaward HQ as it developed a fault, now it’s back firmware updated, fault fixed and working fine but those 'extra' tests are gone :( I thought I had copied the machines data to my PC but as yet have been unsuccessful in reinstalling it to the tester. Does anyone know these extra test sequences?

The two I use mainly are:-
Alternative class 1 test for a plastic encased appliance where no earth bond is available
And the extended run test for data projectors to allow the bulb to cool after a run test
I think there was a third but as I am now getting old and forgetful I really can’t think what (if any) it was!
Help gentlemen please…
gaz

Re: PrimeTest 350 test sequence's

Postby gaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks led, anyone from Seaward want to help?

I have searched the paperwork from the course, Seawards FAQ's and Info Bank but found nothing
www.patsure.com
gaz

Postby Jim Wallace » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi Gaz

What do you need to know and we will provide some answers? Do you want some information on how to create custom test sequences? I'll speak with Richard (he is our senior applications engineer and runs the training courses) and ask him what sequences he discusses on the training course.

The PT350 has a "clone" feature which allows you to copy test sequences from one machine to another or make a copy of your PT350 setup. We provide simple written instructions on how to do this.
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby gaz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:12 pm

thanks Jim
Sorry if i seem to be making a big thing of this, I thought it was going to be a quick and easy question.

I want to maintain continuity of tests for my upcoming re-tests so was after the ones from the course to bring my machine back up to where it was before repair. I dont have a problem programing the PT350, its just that I cant recall the sequences from the course.

I thought i had done the 'clone' but it appears i didn't do it proprerly (that's after the course)
www.patsure.com
gaz

Postby Jim Wallace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Gaz

I spoke to Richard and he confirmed that as part of the training course he shows users how to create test sequences. I'll ask him to post and application note on cloning and also post something on the test sequences that he includes in the training course. If I twist his arm hard enough I might be able to get him to create the test sequences on a PT350 and save a "clone" configuration to his PC. You could then use that config file to regenerate the sequences from the training course.
Jim Wallace

Postby gaz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 am

Brilliant, many thanks.
www.patsure.com
gaz

Postby gaz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Any news on those sequences?
www.patsure.com
gaz

Postby gaz » Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

erm... nudge nudge
www.patsure.com
gaz

Postby Jim Wallace » Sun May 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi Gaz - thanks for the nudge. Richard is in the office on Tuesday so I'll ask him to email you.
Jim Wallace

Return to Portable Appliance Testing