Should I delete the data on my 350 after downloading to PC?

PATGuard 3 Forum

Should I delete the data on my 350 after downloading to PC?

Postby ringer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Just recently got a Primetest 350 and PATGuard Elite software. Trying to get my head around managing the data from test results. The software lets me organise data by Client/Site/Location but the 350 only does Site/Location.

It seems that every new job, when I download data to the PC, I can say which client to store the downloaded data under, but it then it downloads ALL data on the 350 to that client - including all previous clients data. And if they happen to have the same site name as another client, then data can end up being mixed up

Do I need to delete all data from the 350 once I have downloaded it? E.g. Do tests, download data onto the PC for the client, then delete all data from the 350 before I move on to the next customer? Not sure this is feasible in real life - I have two customers to do tomorrow, won't have access to the PC/software, and want to make sure I don't get the data mixed up. It seems to me that you ought to be able to organise saved data on the 350 by client name as well as site and location. But you can't.
ringer

Re: Should I delete the data on my 350 after downloading to

Postby ringer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks led - I thought there ought to be a way to do a filter on the m/c - just didn't look hard enough I guess :) I only saw the option Menu / D / D to download all data.
ringer

Return to Portable Appliance Testing