Primetest 200

PATGuard 3 Forum

Primetest 200

Postby cousto » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:33 am

Bought a Primetest 200 in December as an affordable tester to start out with, but I keep getting an Err2 code when performing a Touch Current test. It still performs all other tests perfectly.

I emailed Seaward and they diagnosed it as an internal relay fault and quoted me £137 + £10 to send it in for repairs (which is slightly more than I was hoping to pay as the tester only cost me £295 with 12 months cal).

Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there any cheaper repairs out there? (thought at worst it would cost £50 to replace a relay)

Any help would be great
cousto

Re: Primetest 200

Postby maguirex4 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Wooo if I had payed £300 for a test kit and 4 months later its goes faulty I would back to the person I bought it from as its clear its not fit for purpose. check the sales of goods act, if they are prepared to get it sorted you could help them out by providing the quote for repairs from seaward.

Good luck
maguirex4

Re: Primetest 200

Postby Richard Williams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Cousto

As you bought the tester new in December there will be a 12 month guarantee in place. Please contact the distributor that you bought the unit from and they should sort this out for you.

It was myself who contacted you via email, so if you have any further questions or issue, please feel free to contact me.
Richard Williams

Return to Portable Appliance Testing