About Pat Testing Courses ?

PATGuard 3 Forum

About Pat Testing Courses ?

Postby pattesting » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:46 am

Hi im new to pat testing i've completed my basic education and im looking to do a Pat Testing Course, so much choice in equipment can anyone recommend a good all round pat tester to me?
pattesting

Re: About Pat Testing Courses ?

Postby Alan Freeman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 am

As to the tester, this is a mine field. So many good testers, and each has it's good points and bad. I personally have the Seaward Europa Plus. This is a great machine in the fact it does all PAT testing, is mains powered, does 25A, 100mA earth bond, 500v, 250v insulation. It also stores the results on board. The only down side is the cost!
Alan Freeman

Postby Gary Aspinall » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 am

Seaward offer an excellent range of PAT Testing courses which you can view on our site here.

I have edited your posts, can I please kindly ask that you do not promote other companies products and services on our forum unless they are related to Seaward products and services.

Thank you.
Gary Aspinall
Site Admin

Postby Alan Freeman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Gary

While I can see your point about "competetors" courses - I see that your courses are about the use of the equipment...... NOT how to PAT. I would suggest they are complimentary, but not the same as the course I had suggested to Pattesting!

As far as I can see, you do not offer any courses which cover the "How To" aspect.

Alan
Alan Freeman

Postby Grizzly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Just looking at the info on the link that Gary posted, it certainly does look like the Seaward courses (Supernova?Europa Plus & PrimeTest 300/350) cover the 'How to' aspect, as well as using the equipment.
C&G 2377 -01 & -02
Grizzly

Return to Portable Appliance Testing