downloading supernover elite to patguard elite v1.0

PATGuard 3 Forum

downloading supernover elite to patguard elite v1.0

Postby azimuth » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi All
My supernova plus got flooded out so purchased brand new supernova elite in a rush! Have tested +800 items and now tried to download results to PC as i did with the Plus. Setting up tester in the software has problems - there is no supernova elite listed. Tried using the plus instead. ok tester listed. now try downloading data. Seems to receive it all ok from the tester but then when it starts to process the data i get two messages for every asset. 'IDispatch error #3...' with an OK button and no instruction and then when ok is clicked a window with ' unknown error 0x800aoc93' at the top, an instruction that says 'operation is not allowed in this context@ and an ok button.
Help!
azimuth

Re: downloading supernover elite to patguard elite v1.0

Postby PATconstructive » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

Yes I had the same problem here too. The Seaward answer was that PATGuard Elite V1.0 (version 1.1 is latest release) is not compatible for downloading of test results from the newer Supernova Elite tester. Their official recommended solution was that we have to upgrade to the PATGuard Elite 2 sofware which does talk to the newer Supernova Elite tester.
PATconstructive

Re: downloading supernover elite to patguard elite v1.0

Postby Richard Williams » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:48 pm

Good afternoon all

azimuth wrote:Hi All
My supernova plus got flooded out so purchased brand new supernova elite in a rush! Have tested +800 items and now tried to download results to PC as i did with the Plus. Setting up tester in the software has problems - there is no supernova elite listed. Tried using the plus instead. ok tester listed. now try downloading data. Seems to receive it all ok from the tester but then when it starts to process the data i get two messages for every asset. 'IDispatch error #3...' with an OK button and no instruction and then when ok is clicked a window with ' unknown error 0x800aoc93' at the top, an instruction that says 'operation is not allowed in this context@ and an ok button.
Help!

An IDispatch error is a generic error coming from Microsoft (the database drivers in PATGuard). It is generally caused by a mismatch between the data coming out of the tester and the data already in the database. If the same download is done to a new (empty) database there should be no error.

In order to resolve this problem you should:

1.Retrieve the data from the tester by processing it into a new database.
2.Compare the downloaded data with that in the database that it could not be downloaded to.
3.Correct the data such that both databases match. For example - an IDispatch in a previous program was caused by leading space characters in the Site or Location name i.e. the database had "Site1" and the tester had "Site1 " or vice versa. Removing the spaces resolved the issue.
4.Once the data is corrected the download information can be stored in a .PAT file and transferred to the correct database - see User Manual, available from the PC Start Menu for full details on PAT files.

PATconstructive wrote:Yes I had the same problem here too. The Seaward answer was that PATGuard Elite V1.0 (version 1.1 is latest release) is not compatible for downloading of test results from the newer Supernova Elite tester. Their official recommended solution was that we have to upgrade to the PATGuard Elite 2 sofware which does talk to the newer Supernova Elite tester.

Please note that the incompatibility is that not all of the tests will download from the Supernova Elite i.e RCD test. This is because they were added after the program was released. PATGuard Elite 2 however is fully up to date and compatible with all of the Seaward downloadable tester range.
Richard Williams

Return to Portable Appliance Testing