PRIMETEST 300 Features

PATGuard 3 Forum

PRIMETEST 300 Features

Postby nick@horoch.f9.co.uk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:04 am

I have just purchased two Primetest 300 PAT Testers as many people have given them fairly good reviews and have referred to them as 'state of the art' pieces of kit.

I have tried everything I can over two days to get the 300 to report the 'Location' as well as the 'Site' in the ASCII and PAT+ files. I can happily download a set of SItes and Locations (as well as UserName and Comments) to the 300 in the form of a config file (as shown on page 21 of the manual).

However, when I download the results in any format I don't get the 'Location' returned so I'm left wondering what's the point of being able to download it to the 300 in the first place. Unless I walk round with the laptop and record where all the assets (appliances) are I haven't got a clue at what location the test was performed.
I'm on firmware Version 3.46 - is there a firmware upgrade that fixes this glaring omission ????
Or if after reading the manual 3 times I've actually overlooked something glaringly obvious please can somebody tell me how to get the Location returned - it's a pretty important piece of information for the end user.

Thanks
nick@horoch.f9.co.uk

Re: PRIMETEST 300 Features

Postby jags » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 am

Hi Nick, Just covering the bases - make sure that the tester comments match the comments in patguard. if they don't they will not show the same results.Open patguard and select tools / options. ensure they are the same order as the pt300. see if this helps, gareth.
jags

Postby nick@horoch.f9.co.uk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks Gareth,

I've only just bought them and currently haven't bought any software to use with them as was looking at Simply PATS as it seems to do a shedload more than PatGuard. However, I was just playing around with exporting the data 'AS IS" out of the box using the bluetooth downloader program and a hyperterminal coms program. No matter what format I choose whether it's PATS+ (user) or PATS+ (site) the locations never get returned in the output data.
Actually the ASCII output seems to give the most data as it returns the time and other fields which the PATS+ format doesn't.
Perhaps I expected the tester to be 'independent' of the software?
My expectation was that it wouldn't matter who's software I decided to use, the tester should really be independent of what software I choose to process the results in!
nick@horoch.f9.co.uk

Postby Jim Wallace » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Nick

The PrimeTest 300 (and other Seaward downloading testers) are not independent of software. The data that can be downloaded in ASCII format is limited so that it is backward compatible with older software products. When Seaward improved the data that could be downloaded we developed are own compressed data format to speed up the download - this is the "SSS" format. If we added location (and some of the test results such as touch current) this caused errors in older software products - such as PATS+ so we kept the PATS+ format and added the SSS format.

When used with PATGuard, our testers download all data held in memory. Our software can also be used to upload data from the PC back to the tester for easier retesting.

Jim
Jim Wallace
Associate Director, Seaward Product and Technology

Postby vanhaght » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:05 am

Hi There,

A simple question, is there any way i can log repairs done on equipment in the seaward database. I have a the primetest 300 with the Patguard elite software and wanted to log repairs to individual items within the database.
I added a test result (repair), but then the item displays as failed, which is no good.
Also ... the list charges report is VERY un-friendly, is this something with my setup or is it software related ? Are there any tutorials for either of my questions ?
Regards,
Wayne
vanhaght

Postby vanhaght » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:00 am

Wow the support from Seaward!!, i hope anyone contemplating purchasing one of the meters realises, when it comes to the software - you are all on your own!
vanhaght

Postby Richard Williams » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Vanhaght

Im sorry that you feel that you havent received full software support. Please feel free to contact me at any time and I will be happy to help you. 0191 5878753.
Richard Williams

Postby Julie Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi Wayne,
If you add an asset to the data base and it only has a repair in it, the asset will default to a fail, if it has a test in the record that has passed then it will be recorded as a pass, the repair is logged as information only,

vanhaght wrote:Hi There,

A simple question, is there any way i can log repairs done on equipment in the seaward database. I have a the primetest 300 with the Patguard elite software and wanted to log repairs to individual items within the database.
I added a test result (repair), but then the item displays as failed, which is no good.
Also ... the list charges report is VERY un-friendly, is this something with my setup or is it software related ? Are there any tutorials for either of my questions ?
Regards,
Wayne
Julie Jones

Postby simonsafety » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 pm

G’day,

I from Australia and I have 2 Seaward PrimeTest 300s which I currently also have PatGuard Workabout 1.1 on both my 2 mobile phones (os - win mobile 6.1). I download the sss files to the mobile phone and then email them to my office where the report is prepared and emailed within half an hour.

I’m looking to upgrade my mobile phone.
Option 1. Samsung Galaxy S (os - Android 2.2)
Option 2. HTC HD7 (os – Win Phone 7)
Option 3. Iphone 4 (os – iOS 4)

1. Is Seaward going to make a new PATGuard Workabout for one of the new os platforms above?
2. When will the new PATGuard Workabout be available?
3. Will there be a discount to those who upgrade their old Patguard workabout?

thanks in advance......
simonsafety

Postby Richard Williams » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Simonsafety

In answer to your post. Seaward are considering the upgrade of PATGuard Workabout but there is no fixed timeline for development.

We will keep you posted with updates as they appear.

Thanks and kind regards
Richard Williams

Next

Return to Portable Appliance Testing